JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920

/ JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920 #1  

toddrdmd

JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to decide between these tractors to buy. I have no previous experience with compact tractors at all. Just test drove the Kubota and am going to drive the JD. Just wanted to here from owners of the JD's why you prefer green over the competitive Kubota. I really appreciate the assistance as I am very torn.

Todd

/ JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920 #2  
Both JD and Kubota are premium tractors. Can't go wrong there. Test drive them and pick what you like the best.

/ JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920 #3  
That is a tough call, I agree with Whistlepig that you need to drive both and compare. Test out manuevering the tractor, there have been mumerous threads on differences between Deere's and Kubota's pedal arrangements, Deere has the brake pedals on the left and go pedals on the right. Most tractors other than a few economy models offer left and right separate wheel brakes allowing you to turn sharply when needed. Some owners think this is important and some don't care. Spend enough time operating and manuevering both tractors to form your opinion of what works best for you.

The rest of these tractors are very competitive and both are quality units, hard to go wrong with either.

/ JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920 #4  
Agree with previous posts, sit on and drive them. See if you like the locations of controls, etc.

Here's another BIG factor: Look very closely at the dealer. If at all possible, talk to some other people who have bought from them. Were they satisfied with the deal and customer service? I learned the hard way how big of a factor this can be.

/ JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920 #5  
Other than the ergonomics which are different for different folks, the mechanical differences that I find worth noting are 1: the standard quick attach loader bucket, 2: Position control on the 3pt on the JD, and not on the Kubota, and 3: The steering brakes being easier on the JD. I bought a QA for my Kubota, but often wish it had the other two items. Even in float mode, with the bucket down, and slippery conditions the tractor will go where the bucket is pointed without some steering brake assist, and I find Kubota's "1/4 inching " to be way too sensitive to actually use much. With weight on the rear of mine, moving the lever slowly will raise the 3pt quickly enough to make the tractor bounce a bit...... Not an issue, just something to be aware of. On the other hand if front mount attachments are important to you, I think the Kubota set up is more refined, and well thought out. The implements are sized right for the tractor, and you can even use the loader with the Quick hitch mounted. So, you pay your money, you make your choices....... :D

/ JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920
Not sure what the quick hitch is for the Kubota or the steering brake. Please enlighten.

/ JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920 #7  
They both are excellent tractors. I concur that dealer support is ultimately the difference maker here. There are definitely features I prefer on the Kubota, especially the three range hydro, but ergonomically the JD machines are tough to beat, and that means a lot. One thing JD seems to not realize is that there are a good number of us out there in the market who really do not need a big tractor for daily use, but want some of the bigger tractor features. Kubota seems to provide these in their B series line better than does JD. One really has to get into the 3000 series JD before one gets all the big boy features. I can get by without some of them, but it would be nice. JD has always had good marketing and I suspect this is another example of that, but for once I wish they would go against their marketing gurus.

John

/ JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920 #8  
Not sure what the quick hitch is for the Kubota or the steering brake. Please enlighten.

To remove, or install the loader bucket, or change it out for forks, etc. you only have to remove two clip pins, and then curl the bucket forward. On most small tractors it is a matter of removing bolts, driving out pins, and then getting the replacement lined up well enough to reverse the process. The QA I bought for my Kubota saves a lot of work but is still a bit more time consuming than the JD. On the JD, the brakes are on the left side so you can use one brake or the other to help steer with your right foot on the hydro pedal. That is really helpful if you are scraping snow with the loader bucket, or blade, have weight on the back, or are going through heavy snow (even in 4wd it is useful sometimes to direct traction to one rear wheel, or the other), and that kind of thing..... Kubota's brakes are on the same side as the hydro pedal, and while they are usuable, it is much more awkward.

/ JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920 #9  
I currently have a JD 2320 and a deere front mower.
I have previously owned two Kubotas, the B2410 and the GS1900 aws.
They all have their advantages and disadvantages and a great dealer with great support should seal the deal...
However, in my opinion, I feel the fit and finish on the JD's are a bit better and ergonomically more comfortable for me. I also like the side by side dual pedal hydro on the deere way more than the kubota pedal setup.
Before buying the JD 2320 I tried a comparable kubota. I found the vibration in the operator's station to be harsh in the kubota compared to the JD.
I hope this helps.
GJSnow.

/ JD 2520/2720 VS Kubota B2920 #10  
All are very good tractors....
I bought the 2520 JD for a few reasons but one thing I like about the JD is the split brakes being on the left side of the tractor and the hydro peddles on the right!
I talked to a very nice Kubota dealer less than 10 mins from my house about my tractor and the Kubota's. He said he dosent know why Kubota dosent do this on their tractors and has called and talked with them about this but they just told him that they recommend using cruise control to to free your right foot to use the split brakes......:confused2: He said he really wish's they would change this cause he had alot of fellas that really wanted that and went with a JD tractor. Now he said it wasnt alot of fellas but a few and he said most of his customers dont really complain about it.

Like said before go with the tractor that fits you best and the dealer that treats you right!
For me the JD is more operator friendly.... BUT that is just my opinion!
The Kubota's have some nice features that I kinda wish my JD would have!:thumbsup: