Trigger has been pulled!!

/ Trigger has been pulled!! #1  

BGT

Well, just got off the phone with the dealer....again. Nailed down the final price. If, as the forum says, the 10% - 15% discount range is good, then I did ok. Got that, plus jawed him down another $100 on top of that.

Placed the order for a new 2320 with iMatch, and a 647 tiller.

I know it doesn't sound like much, but that's all the budget can afford right now. The tiller is the main thing I need it for right at this moment. At least it's a start, and something I can hopefully add to in the future.

Dealer says delivery date is May 25th or sooner. I sure hope it's sooner. I could use that tiller next week as it is getting close to planting time here in NC.

I'm excited, but at the same time, wondering if I did the right thing. I guess we all wonder about these things. That thing is a mighty expensive tiller, and once the tilling is done, it will just sit there until I am able to get additional implements for it, which hopefully won't be too much longer.

OK guys, I want to thank you for all your advice, help, and assistance. This is a great forum, with volumes of experience, and I do appreciate it.

Will keep you updated!

Thanks again!

/ Trigger has been pulled!! #2  
Not to scare ya but I really think the tractor is the cheapest thing you can buy. There are just too many attachments that beg to be purchased later. Good luck with your new purchase.:thumbsup: I am sure you will enjoy.

/ Trigger has been pulled!! #4  
That is correct the painful wait begins, it has been 6 weeks going on 7 now, I was informed that the 2320, 200cx and blade are in waiting on the 54D, at this rate I will be ready for snow when everything comes in........

/ Trigger has been pulled!!
Dealer said the tiller would be here before the tractor, even though he wasn't sure where the tiller is shipped from. Said the tractor is partially assembled in Japan, then shipped to Augusta GA I believe for final assembly, then shipped here.

He also said, once the order was placed, he should be able to give me a definite "build date" in a few days.

You are right - the waiting begins, but the wait will give me plenty of time to build a shelter for it. Right now, it would have to sit outside uncovered - don't want that!

/ Trigger has been pulled!! #6  
I hope you considered all of the little add on bits for future expansion. For example, I opted not to get mine with the power beyond kit at time of purchase. Sure enough, when the time came to add a backhoe, I had to get it which meant driving to a distant dealer to get it from stock and it's one of those things that is so much easier to put in during the build.

Congratulations! Now it's time to get to know Craigslist.

/ Trigger has been pulled!!
Yes that is one thing I did ask the dealer......if I only get the tiller now, is there going to be a problem getting attachments in the future for it? He said it all depends on if/when JD changes models. He said the current 2000 series has been out for about 4 years, but could not/would not give me an estimate on when a model change might occur. He did say that in the past, the numbers on the tractor didn't mean anything, and now JD is trying to go with a nomenclature, meaning the numbers will mean something - a way of IDing the tractor. He said most of his larger tractors already have this nomenclature in effect, but the 2000 series do not. He also said that he has no trouble getting implements for any past series that is one model back, but he has no luck getting them for tractors that are two models back. Guess that is where places like TS and others like it might come into play.

/ Trigger has been pulled!! #8  
Not to scare ya but I really think the tractor is the cheapest thing you can buy. There are just too many attachments that beg to be purchased later. Good luck with your new purchase.:thumbsup: I am sure you will enjoy.

Gizmo - I see your signature includes "The Wife" after all of your implements. In my experience, that is the single most expensive addition. All others are just a drop in the bucket when compared! :)

Last edited:
   / Trigger has been pulled!! #9  
crashz,
Yep, but I would not get half of what I do with the tractor done without her. Come to think of it... half of what I do with the tractor is because the wife wants it done. I guess the wife feeds the need for more implements, and that would be a good thing.

/ Trigger has been pulled!! #10  
Hope your life insurance is paid up. The wait can darn near kill a man!:laughing: