Buying Advice 110 tlb with Laurin cab??

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #21  
Steve:

Since you live in New Mexico; I'm curious if there is a Laurin dealer relatively near you that had one available to look at up close; or did you take a chance and order one hoping that the actual quality of the unit was as good as the web site pictures suggest?

I just wish Laurin would hire a good web wienie to make their web site easier to use.

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #22  
Thanks two bit, your familiar with his reteric also. Spudlan I don't think you've been here long enough to have read some of the Messicks threads. I think the post is pretty clear.I'm looking at a laurin cab for a deere 110 tlb. Deere doesn't offer a factory cab for a 110. The best fit and finish cab is the laurin unit I was refering to.

Matt

LOL...I've been here long enough..I've seen my share of "axe grinding posts" I just didnt see a problem with the specific post in this thread...Just IMO. Not gonna disagree with you guys in the "bigger picture aspect" tho...whatever...lets get back on topic.

Living in "Cab Country" I can say first hand that the Laurin is top shelf....My Uncle has a Jodale Perry on a NH TC and while I havent spent alot of time in it, its a nice cab.
I've seen both installed and both are great. I know this might just make your decision harder, but I wouldnt worry about quality/fit/finish of either one.

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #23  
mjncad,
A freind of mine had a Laurin on his tractor which gave me some idea of what to expect. I did not get an upclose look at a 110 cab though so to a degree I took the plunge. My dealer in El Paso was not familiar with the Laurin 110 cab but I convinced them to contact them to be a dealer. So my Deere dealer got the cab for me on a pallet and I installed it myself. For my first check up I brought in the tractor with installed cab for two days and they changed all fluids and filters, made a few adjustments and repairs at no cost. This was in exchange to show a few of their interested clients the machine with cab.

Gale,
I am familiar with the machines but from readiing the posts I wasn't sure which one you had. I like fixing up old tractors too, my 820, 3020 and 4020 all went through this process.
The 110tlb with cab and backhoe is right at 8,000 lbs, the boxblade is 1250 lbs. This enables me to move the unit with forks and bucket boxblade on a 12.0000 lb trailer legally.

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #25  
Does laurin still support the 110 cab with replacement glass etc? Could someone post a picture of how the rear window mounts when the backhoe comes off?

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #26  
You can get most of it replaced at a local glass shop, small shops can send the pieces out to get them tempered,

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #27  
This post is directed at Jenkinsph but anyone can throw they're input in. I've been tetering on getting a 110 for over a year now and I've been really agonizing over the decision latelty. I really like the idea of a cab but want the capibilitys of the 110. My question is on the backhoe detachment of a 110 with a laurin cab. I mostlikely will run 3pt attachments 75% of the time so I'm concerned the cab will be an issue. Laurin's site doesn't mention how it works and my local dealer knows less about the cabs than I do.

Matt:confused:

I don't have a 110tlb but I do have the Laurin cab on my M59. Setup will likely be similar. The backhoe portion of the cab comes off with the backhoe and your tractor cab is like every other OEM tractor cab and there are no problems using the 3PH. It takes about 30-45 minutes to swap over as you need to swap the rear window from the BH cab, and install the 3PH cover plates portion on the back of the tractor cab to get a full enclosure. You have to remove about 6 screws and a cover plate each time you swap. Sometimes fiddly on the M59 because two of the mounting screws are behind my remotes levers and awkward to reach, but not a big deal.

You can view pics of the backhoe cab on my post here

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...in-eclipse-cab-install-review.html?highlight=