Buying Advice 110 tlb with Laurin cab??

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #1  

GreatWhitehunter

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
This post is directed at Jenkinsph but anyone can throw they're input in. I've been tetering on getting a 110 for over a year now and I've been really agonizing over the decision latelty. I really like the idea of a cab but want the capibilitys of the 110. My question is on the backhoe detachment of a 110 with a laurin cab. I mostlikely will run 3pt attachments 75% of the time so I'm concerned the cab will be an issue. Laurin's site doesn't mention how it works and my local dealer knows less about the cabs than I do.

Matt:confused:

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #2  
Matt,
The rear glass section comes off the tractor with the backhoe section. The window and lower plate can be put back on the tractor for normal 3 pt operation. Takes me about 10 minutes time to remove or install the backhoe section. As long as the pins to hold the backhoe in place are greased and fit properly the cab section doesn't make much difference, it is just mounted in place and is along for the ride.

Another few minutes to R+R the 3pt hitch with top n tilt. If ordering a new 110 I would add the telescopic links with the tractor too. Makes hooking up a heavy implement easy.

If you decide to get the cab go for the deluxe with airconditioning, without it the cab can get too warm. I think I have all the options except a radio which I don't want and have been very satisfied with the overall machine. I have recently added the qucikcoupler for the backhoe buckets and planetary auger. Should have done that from the start just did not know it was needed to hook up the auger at the time.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab??
Steve, I know you use your 4520 for 3pt but do you have any pics of the rear of the 110 with the hoe off? I'm pretty sure your the only one here with the 110 and laurin cab so I guess your my only resource.

Matt

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #4  
Matt,
As soon as I get my backhoe back home from the job I am working I will post some pics of R+R for the hoe. Within the next week I would think.

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #5  
you gonna need one heck of a pocket book for that rig. Heck with the cash you'll spend you could almost buy a small full-size TLB with a factory cab.

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #6  
you gonna need one heck of a pocket book for that rig. Heck with the cash you'll spend you could almost buy a small full-size TLB with a factory cab.

small full-size? sounds like an oxymoron It is to a point a scaled down version of the 310 backhoe, sure I would like to have purchased a Deere factory cab but after 5 years I have been very satisfied with the Laurin factory cab. It isn't a backyard throw together cab.

I could have bought a Terex 860B cab with Extendahoe for $46,000 at the time but then you need a tractor too and a bigger trailer and truck to haul it. It looked good on paper, but the combination over time would cost alot more to operate.

For small jobs it takes alot less diesel fuel to move this smaller backhoe in and out, but if you have large jobs I recomend a backhoe that fits those jobs.

Messiccks trolls the deere forums every now and again. Yes I does cost alot but I didn't see an m59 with a factory cab now did we? The compact equipment market takes advantage of the ability to move the equipment for their price structure for sure. The laurin cabs seem to hold there value on the used 110's I've seen. I've been doing alot of brush hogging work and the cab would certainly make life easier.

Matt

I think the laurin cabs are more in the 7k range. If your a competitors dealer and posting here your clearly trolling right?

Matt

/ 110 tlb with Laurin cab?? #10  
I think the laurin cabs are more in the 7k range. If your a competitors dealer and posting here your clearly trolling right?

Matt

As someone who sells Laurin cabs, your wrong by nearly a factor of two. But apparently since I'm a 'competitive dealer' my input is not welcome. We sell nearly a dozen major lines of equipment, I'm far more color blind than most people here.