JD 2210 Info

/ JD 2210 Info #1  

Anonymous Poster

John Deere 2210 Specificationstaken from Deere’s “Build & Price” Configurations August 2002Subject to change without noticeENGINE:Yanmar 3 Cylinder Liquid Cooled Diesel EngineHorsepower @ 3100 RPM:Gross 23.0 (17.1 kW)*Net 22.5 (16.7 kW)*PTO 17.7 (13.2 kW) HST* *Manufacturer's Est.61.4 Cu. In. Displacement (1.0 L)Indirect Fuel InjectionAuto Bleed Fuel SystemGlow Plug Cold Starting AidAnti-FreezeDry Type Air Cleaner With Safety ElementFully Enclosed Engine and Muffler With Horizontal Exhaust5 Gallon Fuel Tank Capacity (19 L)Hand ThrottleKey Engine Shut OffTRANSMISSION:Hydrostatic Transmission:Infinitely Variable - 2 Speed Transaxle2-Pedal Foot Operated Speed and Direction ControlDifferential LockFRONT/REAR AXLE:Flanged Rear AxleSpur Gear Final Drive4WDSTEERING AND BRAKES:Hydrostatic Power SteeringWheel BrakesPark BrakeWet Disk BrakesHYDRAULICS:Open Center Hydraulic SystemHydraulic Pump - Total Flow5.5 GPM (20.7 LPM) with FilterWorking Pressure (2000 PSI)Less Selective Control ValvePTO:Hydrostatic Model: Mid PTO Standard EquipmentIndependent Mid and Rear PTO540-RPM Rear PTOHydraulic PTO ClutchPTO BrakeSeparate or Simultaneous Operation of Mid and Rear PTOFlip Up PTO ShieldROCKSHAFT, 3-PT. HITCH, AND DRAWBAR:RockshaftCategory 1, 3-Pt. Hitch Rate of Drop/Stop ValveDrawbarINSTRUMENTATION:Electric Fuel GaugeTachometer/Hour MeterOil Pressure Indicator LightCoolant Temperature LightAlternator Indicator LightFlashing Warning Light IndicatorELECTRICAL:12-Volt Electrical SystemWet Battery With 500 Cold Cranking Amps20 Amp AlternatorKey Ignition Starter With Neutral Start SwitchLIGHTS:Two Front Halogen Head LightsTwo Flashing Warning LightsOne Tail LightOPERATOR PROTECTIVE STRUCTURE:Fixed ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure)Deluxe Cushion Seat With Seat BeltOperator Presence SystemMISCELLANEOUS:SMV EmblemFront Weight BracketTilt-Up HoodCupholder - Left ConsoleMower Deck Height AdjustmentBASE MACHINE (4WD):Engage on the go 4WDTwo - Steel Wheels With 26x12-12 4PR (R1) Rear TiresTwo - Steel Wheels With 18x8.50-10 4PR (R1) Front TiresBase Price as of August 2002 - $10,199Availability estimated in December 2002

/ JD 2210 Info #2  
Interesting... And a search of the JD website returns with nothing on this model. I think that you are on to something!

/ JD 2210 Info
This information came from the 'Build & Price' part of Deere's website. Click on "tractors', then select the 2210. When the screen comes up, click on 'review standard features' and the specs will come up. The actual website picture was removed after only a day or two and was listed with the 790 & 990 'Advantage Tractors'Stan

Attachments

• 9-187092-2210_cut.jpg
    9-187092-2210_cut.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 122
   / JD 2210 Info #4  
I've posted this question on another thread. IF you review the standard features on both the X595 and the 2210, the are very similar, plus the 2210 has rear pto, tph and rops, and for less List price. So, this begs the question, Why more for less. I'm suppose to get a X595 this week. What should I do. REX

/ JD 2210 Info #5  
Now you have another choice to make. Some don't want a ROPS, some do. Some want more choices for attachments, some don't need or want those extra attachments. Talk to your dealer and he (she) may help you decide.

/ JD 2210 Info #6  
If you have decided to buy green, then you should go with the 2210. The 2210 is a response to the Kubota BX series, so the specifications and price are reflective of that. In a way one can assume that the price is a subsidized price to gain market share. I predict that X series are on their way out now.

Remember that until now, JD acted as if the "subcompact" segment did not exist, but the 2210 is an acknowledgement of that fact that not only does it exist, but is probably profitable. I will not be suprised either if a TLB version similar to the BX22 is in the pipeline for JD.

Thank God for competition, we all benefit.

Seth

/ JD 2210 Info #7  
I agree with Seth. I finally got a chance to look at the JD X serires over the past couple of weeks ( as well as the 4010.) It appears that JD missed the sub-compact mark with those two tractors. I think the 2210 will be great competition for the BX.I wish they were around two years ago when I bought my BX!

/ JD 2210 Info #8  
Rex,If you will look,you will see that the 2210 also has a 2-Range Hydro,just like the BX.A mid &rear P.T.O. that can be ran at the same time (rear bagger attatchment+mower deck).

I would wait if I were you and get the cream of the crop.

If this new 2210 is HALF the sub-compact that the BX is,it will be a winner for sure.

I think that the list price of the 2210 does not include the cost of the mower deck,I could be wrong,details of this new machine seem to be pretty slim as of the moment.

/ JD 2210 Info
REX:
I got my X595 last Friday. Love it. Of course for the $$$ involved, if I was dissatisfied, I'd immediately take up JD's offer of 30 days satisfaction guarantee and return it.
My decision was based on whether I wanted a small multi-purpose tractor that can also do mowing, or the ultimate in mowing lawn/garden tractor that can also do other tasks.
And yes it's more $$$ than the 2210, but the deck comes with it ($11936 with 54" and gator tires). Plus some other small touches like rear lights and that great 12vdc outlet !!! How many times have you been out there cultivating and you needed to shave, or make a cell call with a battery-dead phone????
It will accept the 51" brush attachment for cleaning snow, which I'll be getting. Am adding the rear pto and 3ph/cat1 at another $1000.
jim

/ JD 2210 Info #10  
I don't think you went wrong. That x595 is a great little machine. I really wanted to get the x495 but I got such a good deal on a 455 diesel that I went with that.