Frontier 4in1 bucket, options and pricing

/ Frontier 4in1 bucket, options and pricing #1  

GreatWhitehunter

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 110 TLB
I'm going to get a 60" 4in1 bucket for my 3320. I'm leaning towards a WR long unit for price. I haven't been able to get any real info in the frontier unit since Deere's site is terrible me dealer doesn't sell frontier so I can't compare. I would like to know if a replacable cutting edge is an option and if a tooth bar is also. Also any dealers reading this feel free to pm me a price. If I can't get the answer's I'm after I'm just going to order the Long unit next month. To me the Frontier unit looks well made.

Matt

/ Frontier 4in1 bucket, options and pricing #2  
Agreed the Frontier info is sub-par. The real question to ask here is who builds the Frontier 4n1 bucket? Frontier is just the brand name of equipment Deere outsources...Examples:
Larger Rear Blades - Bison
Smaller Rear Blades - Woods
3pt Snowblowers - RAD
Power Rakes - Harley
etc...
Once you find out who actually makes the specific piece your looking at, 9 times out of 10 the true mfg has great info about it. Once nice thing is that IMO JD has done a good job of sourcing the Frontier stuff from what I consider to be the industry leaders of each specific market segment.

/ Frontier 4in1 bucket, options and pricing #3  
I don't know who makes the Frontier bucket but mine has been bullet proofe so far. I have had it over a year and love it. You must have some common sense while in use. I don't use it to pull posts or pick up long logs by the end. You can't beat it for picking up brush and logs or picking up that last little bit of rock or dirt that you usually just keep pushing around with a normal bucket.

Not sure about the replaceable edge or teeth. Mine has neither.

What I don't like is the grease zerks are counter bored in hole and hard to get the gun off off. In damp dirt it some times wants to stick in the area where the halfs come together. You have to open the jaw to knock it loose.
It won't hold as much as the standard 5' heavy duyty bucket if you are only going to use as a loader only. I think it coset around $2100.00. Mine is on a 3320 as well.

Dan

/ Frontier 4in1 bucket, options and pricing
The wr long was about 1700 plus shipping. So I seems close in price to the Frontier unit. I need to find a local dealer that carrys them and check it out.

Matt

Anyone else? Anyone have one they want to part with?

Matt

/ Frontier 4in1 bucket, options and pricing #6  
Everybody that buys one seems to love em...I know I've been keeping my eyes open for a gently used one too but I've not even seen any beat to heck ones come up for sale...

/ Frontier 4in1 bucket, options and pricing #7  
It's Nelson at W. R. Long

Our UJ2 style bucket is what we put on the 3000 and 4000 series tractors.

It does have a reversible dozer blade, so you will be able to use the bucket to do dozer work. Also we make tooth bars for our buckets and just about anyone else's buckets. All we need is the inside dimension of the bucket. Our bucket also opens up much wider than other 4n1's I have seen. You may also notice that our rod is in the cylinder while the bucket is closed and the cylinder is protected with a back guard.

I'm going to get a 60" 4in1 bucket for my 3320. I'm leaning towards a WR long unit for price. I haven't been able to get any real info in the frontier unit since Deere's site is terrible me dealer doesn't sell frontier so I can't compare. I would like to know if a replacable cutting edge is an option and if a tooth bar is also. Also any dealers reading this feel free to pm me a price. If I can't get the answer's I'm after I'm just going to order the Long unit next month. To me the Frontier unit looks well made.

Matt

Nelson can I get it painted JD green? I'm leaning your way for sure. I've gotten a quote from Wallace a few months back, I believe he qouted me the hj2 65". I would really like to see one in person first. My zip is 06374 if you know anyone local who has one I could check out.

Matt;)

/ Frontier 4in1 bucket, options and pricing #9  
Since we make 4n1 buckets and other attachments for John Deere loaders, and most other loaders we only paint in black, otherwise we would have 7 or so different paint colors. I keep records of which dealers purchase our products but not the individual users, so I really do not have a good way to track one down close to you.

Nelson can I get it painted JD green? I'm leaning your way for sure. I've gotten a quote from Wallace a few months back, I believe he qouted me the hj2 65". I would really like to see one in person first. My zip is 06374 if you know anyone local who has one I could check out.

Matt;)

So what's your thoughts on the HJ2 vs the UJ?

Matt:confused: