Price Check Tractor Packages

/ Tractor Packages #1  

xochiti

Tractor
JD 3038e
Have been shopping on line and have found numerous dealers in Tx, NM, and OK, that sell the following, 3038e 4WD tractor packages: Tractor, 305 FEL, RC2060 shredder, box blade AND16' tandem axel trailer w/elect brakes and 5' ramps and tool box....all for under 22k. Is that just a south of the mason/dixon line thing? Or are there JD dealers up here (WI,IA,MN) that do simular pkgs? Been up and down the web but no luck close to home (WI).

/ Tractor Packages #2  
Have been shopping on line and have found numerous dealers in Tx, NM, and OK, that sell the following, 3038e 4WD tractor packages: Tractor, 305 FEL, RC2060 shredder, box blade AND16' tandem axel trailer w/elect brakes and 5' ramps and tool box....all for under 22k. Is that just a south of the mason/dixon line thing? Or are there JD dealers up here (WI,IA,MN) that do simular pkgs? Been up and down the web but no luck close to home (WI).

I have seen those similar packages on tractorhouse for a long time.....as you say always dealers from the same geographic area. Those are a pretty popular package of good for many new owners. I suppose the dealers up here could make a package deal too....but I have not seen them do so. I'm sure the costs are basically the same for dealers everywhere.

/ Tractor Packages #3  
Take a copy of the deal to a dealer you like in your
area and see if they will do the same thing. That's just
my 2 cents. Good Luck:D

/ Tractor Packages
Take a copy of the deal to a dealer you like in your
area and see if they will do the same thing. That's just
my 2 cents. Good Luck:D

Yah, been there done that. I get the same 'ol salesman song and dance....
"Oh they must have special pricing" or, "Oh they're probably leaving out set-up (and or) des chg", or "They probably aren't quoting the same equipment" etc, etc.

I called a couple of the dealers to make double-dog sure on what they were quoting, and I asked if I was missing something, some hidden extra charge...

The reply was the same: "Bring me $xxxx, like the ad says, and we will hook that trailer and equipment up to your truck and you are oughta here." All they asked was about 3 days lead time to be sure they had everything on hand. Go figure...

Thanks for the replies, guys. Great forum!:cool:

/ Tractor Packages #5  
Just remember something. Deere has a "tractor migratory policy". What that means is your tractor is only warranteed from the area you bought it, so if you buy a tractor in Ohio don't expect to get warrantee coverage in New Mexico.
Rob

/ Tractor Packages #6  
I looked into some of these packages last year and they seem to be legit but make sure the equipment on the list is what you really want. I found the individual implements and trailer to be a little substandard for me. I would rather buy one piece at a time and get what I really wan't.:thumbsup: