JD Parts - Do you pay list?

/ JD Parts - Do you pay list? #1  

ddivinia

Elite Member
Tractor
JD 5525 and 5093e Kubota SVL75
I have always gotten a discount on parts at my dealer. Well They got bought and I noticed now that I am paying JD list for parts. I asked what the deal is and they told me that is the deal - everybody pays list.

A guy like me that has bought $250k++ worth of JD equipment from them and somebody that buys a used L100 off Craigslist gets the same discount on parts. That makes no sense.

It pisses me off to be quite honest. I am thinking I will be mail ordering my parts.

Screw these guys.

Comments?

D.

/ JD Parts - Do you pay list? #2  
Maybe the new owners now have to pay their electric bills, when the previous owners just used their inheritence to gift your needs. They probably like eating more than $1.00 BK Jr. for lunch and dinner moreso than the other owner. If they have some kids, they might now want them to go to college and enjoy life a bit more. Could it be that JD now wants them to use computers rather than those old boxes of file cards? The old owners probably forgot to to tell them about your big purchases. Maybe you should remind them and fill out an orderor than $250K cotton picker.

I'd suggest you be a little less hard on the equipment and lower your parts budget. I personnally am just glad there are JD dealers around me so I pay without complaining.

When the American companies are gone and you need Chinese or Korean parts and N.Korea decides to cut you off from the supply, even a few horses are going to be hard to come by....

/ JD Parts - Do you pay list? #3  
If that's the 'deal' it won't be long before there are new owners once again. Good will is very important in business.
Vince

/ JD Parts - Do you pay list? #4  
Nobody I know gets discounts on parts. I've been messing around with tractors for over 50 years -- IH Farmalls, John Deeres, Fergusons, Massey Fergusons, and Cases -- never ever gotten a discount on parts. I about fell over about a month ago when I bought a case of JD Plus 50-II motor oil and got 10% discount. Maybe the parts guy screwed up.
A manager at a big Case dealership told me they make very little on equipment sales but depend on large profits on parts for the business.

/ JD Parts - Do you pay list? #5  
I don't get a discount on small parts from Deere, so I will use generics where reasonable, if NAPA has it I can get it for much lower cost. Some specific parts I have little choice about.:mad:

/ JD Parts - Do you pay list? #6  
They have to keep the doors open, and I'm glad that the dealer I have has managed to do that. I used to get a discount, but that was when I was working for the dealer part time. I too was disappointed to not continue that arrangement, but figure I want them to stay in business.
For those who get the discounts, someone else has to cover that cost and pay the difference. So what is "fair" ??

And how does one get parts through mail ordering?

/ JD Parts - Do you pay list? #7  
Nobody I know gets discounts on parts. I've been messing around with tractors for over 50 years -- IH Farmalls, John Deeres, Fergusons, Massey Fergusons, and Cases -- never ever gotten a discount on parts. I about fell over about a month ago when I bought a case of JD Plus 50-II motor oil and got 10% discount. Maybe the parts guy screwed up.
A manager at a big Case dealership told me they make very little on equipment sales but depend on large profits on parts for the business.

JD and Case-IH have yearly spring sales on oil and some parts. You happened to get it at the right time.

/ JD Parts - Do you pay list? #8  
When the American companies are gone and you need Chinese or Korean parts and N.Korea decides to cut you off from the supply, even a few horses are going to be hard to come by....

Unfortunately that train left the station a long ago and as long as management / workers are more interested in high wages / profits in return for building a shoddy product, it's never coming back.

Consumers as a class cannot remain blameless either. When price becomes more important than quality / service then the Walmarts of the world flourish.

/ JD Parts - Do you pay list? #9  
Unfortunately that train left the station a long ago and as long as management / workers are more interested in high wages / profits in return for building a shoddy product, it's never coming back.

Consumers as a class cannot remain blameless either. When price becomes more important than quality / service then the Walmarts of the world flourish.

This is half the reason I bought a 30 year old JD tractor instead of a new one. Too many things to break that I can't fix on the new ones.