Specs for new 3320

/ Specs for new 3320 #1  

foggy1111

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L 3560 HSTC, 805 Loader
I have been playing with the JD Configurator....and had a few questions to get the right specs. I'm hoping someone can help along with the right stuff for an open station 3320 tractor with a 300 CX Loader with HD 61" bucket.

1. Hydraulics. I want one pair of remotes at the rear and also wanted a diverter set-up to operate a bucket grapple. I am a bit confused with this....what do I specify?.. and what will this cost me? (I plan to add the Markham bucket grapple and Markham tooth bar to the JD 61" heavy duty bucket)
a. Will I need to add lines and hoses to get the hydraulics plumbed to the front for the grapple?

2. ROPS Height. Can I get under an 8' high (96") door without folding the ROPS?

3. I want R1 tires. What is the max width they can be set to? (I like stability :thumbsup:)

4. Will I be happy with telescoping draft links? :confused: (I currently am happy with my PATS) I see allot of guys going with I Match....but I have too many implements that don't seem to fit the quick hitches...and don't think I want to convert 'em to fit I Match. (I tried to like the HF hitch :confused2:)

Other options I plan to have added are Light brush guards, cruise / load match, deluxe hood guard (and dealer installed rim guard in rears). I typically use a box blade or implement for ballast....so I will deduct the ballast box.

Any other equipment suggestions?

/ Specs for new 3320 #2  
I have the 3rd scv on my 3320 and the diverter (4 and 5) scv. I use the 3rd for my Millonzi grapple. It is lever operated and the lever is a few inches away from the joystick. I flip a switch for the diverter and use the joystick to operate my ccm hydraulic toplink. I have not used the number 5 scv yet. With the hydraulic toplink and Pats easy change, I hook up everthing pretty easy. Don't forget to add the hydraulic lines to the front of the loader. JC

/ Specs for new 3320 #3  
I would strongly recommend getting the skid steer carrier attachment. Then you can use any skid steer grapple, pallet forks, hydraulic auger ect. If you get the carrier attachment, then order a JD foundry skid steer bucket. The foundry buckets are designed for tough digging with skid steers. You will never bow or bend one. Most CUT dealers can order the foundry bucket if they sell JD skid steers. It is much more HD than the hd JD bucket and costs about the same. The foundry bucket will have dimensions similar to a skid steer bucket in height and length. I use a 72" foundry bucket on my JD 4520.

JD has an optional 3rd function hydraulic line and hoses. This is hoses and hardlines that will go to the front of the FEL and run your grapple. Cost is $351 on the configurator. This will plug right into your rear SVC outlet. Just unplug when you want to use the rear outlets for something else. The other option is just buy a set of hoses to run from the rear SVC to the front. Much cheaper but not as clean or nice of a set up.

IMHO, if you have Pat's or quick hitch, telescopic link arms are not necessary. If you later decide you want them, just order later. Easy to change out.

Max width with R1 tires is 68.4". Minimum is 52.4". If you plan on going max width, then get the 72" or similar width bucket.

Height with R1 tires and folding rops is 93.3".

/ Specs for new 3320 #4  
Do you think that you will ever need to use both the FEL mounted 3rd function (grapple use) and the rear mounted 3rd SCV (hydraulic top link, etc.) at the same time?

If you think that might be something to plan for with future projects and/or use with the 3320 - the OEM electric diverter from Deere is the cleanest way to go - IMO.

That way, you would have joystick control of the 3rd function (grapple) on your FEL and you would also have joystick control of the rear outlet that could manage your hyd top link, etc. Flipping a switch on the fender next to the joystick will alternate hyd functions between the grapple and rear hyd SCV (2 function) and the normal loader functions (2 functions - curl-dump and raise-lower/lift).

AKfish

/ Specs for new 3320
Hmmmm.....lots of good advice posted above. I definitely have some things to think about and likely need to make a trip to a larger JD store to look a bit. It's always easier after seeing the application.

I really wanted to keep my bucket width down (to 62") but also like having the wide rear wheel setting. I fear too much bucket width around my wooded property. I'm a bit torn....but this will sort out.

I have seen those skid steer "foundry" buckets in a few photos.....seem to be quite a bit longer along the bottom, but not as high at the back IIRC. Not sure how that will work with a grapple or dirt.

I like the sound of the JD hydraulic lines neatly along the loader frame...and at the price above that seems a "given". I need to get decided if I want to go with a dedicated grapple line separate from my rear hydraulics. A hydraulic top link would sure be nice....but where does it end? :confused2:

/ Specs for new 3320
AKFish....thanks for posting that info. I think its getting a little clearer how the electric diverter switch would work. It's likely the way I will go. I need to compare the costs of the two methods.......and think on the hydraulic top link.

/ Specs for new 3320 #7  
Remember if you go with the skid steer adapter & foundry bucket as radman1 has mentioned, this additional weight will decrease your lift capacity by the weight of the given adapters/attachments. This would not be a big deal on the 4x20 series machines as they have a much higher lifting capacity, however on the 3x20's every little bit helps. I have both the 5' HD bucket and the 6' HD bucket, as well as a set of HLA forks for the regular JD quick attach set-up; I use the 6' for doing gravel work/snow removal & I use the 5' for getting around in the woods a little better. Ask your dealer if they have any used buckets on the lot, sometimes you get lucky. Just remember to get the bolt on cutting edge for the HD bucket too, this will stiffen it up quite a bit.

/ Specs for new 3320 #8  
I have the 6' HD bucket and the Deere toothbar. I got the toothbar cheaper than I could order a Markham. If I ever do it again, I may order the Markham. The deere toothbar is very heavy and the teeth are not sharp, so it is hard to cut roots. I am happy with the deere quick attach. I have local made forks and a grapple made to fit the deere system. Skid steer equipment is too heavy for a 3320 to me. JC

/ Specs for new 3320 #9  
You might consider adding the power beyond kit. When I ordered mine I got the 3rd function ran to the end of the bucket bacause I wanted a 4in1 and wanted to run my log splitter off the power beyond. I have also added a valve and made my own TNT set up fed from the power beyond ports. I kind of like it better than if I hand bought the rear remotes ran off the loader lever. If you are looking back and need to make adjustments the lever is hard to reach with out turning around or using your left hand.

I did get the 5' Frontier 4in1 and love it. I think a 6' bucket would be a little awkword.

Dan

/ Specs for new 3320 #10  
Remember if you go with the skid steer adapter & foundry bucket as radman1 has mentioned, this additional weight will decrease your lift capacity by the weight of the given adapters/attachments. Just remember to get the bolt on cutting edge for the HD bucket too, this will stiffen it up quite a bit.

True enough... however, when you work thru the Deere configurator; the HD bucket is available for the SS mounts. The weight of the mounts is negligible - even for the 300CX - likely 75lbs or less (35lb per boom mast end).

And of course, the JD heavy duty bucket is not that big a weight penalty that it's not worth it by the value of having a bucket that you won't destroy in the first year of use.

I agree that the SS foundry bucket is a bit extreme for the lifting capacity of the 300CX, though.

The cutting edge is a good investment, too - IMO.

Bought a rototiller from a guy that has the JD QA system on his 400X loader. Needed to drop the bucket and use his forks to load the tiller and then switch the attachments back again - PITA - IMO.

Getting the pin to line up with the hole and then pulling the pin and then trying to get the pin back in the hole... Well, the whole pin deal is cludgey when compared to the SS system.

The power beyond circuit is very useful and can be configured to do a number of things for your tractor. And if you ever want a backhoe - gotta have it! But... it's a reasonably straight forward add-on that you could do later if need be. The same is more or less true for the 3rd rear-mount SCV, too. If you want/need the rear SCV later on - it's a reasonable DIY project.

A later add-on electric diverter is a bit more of a challange (there's some recent threads on this in the Owner's - Operating) and requires some specialty wrenches that are not cheap!!

Another attachment that I recommend with a new tractor package is a set of forks. I use mine quite a bit and find more uses all the time.

AKfish