Price Check Open platform 4520

/ Open platform 4520 #1  

dannylink

Tractor
John Deere 4720 / 1953 Farmal Super A
Just recently ordered a JD 4520 with open platform. Options included R4 Tires, 400CX Loader/Bucket, ehydro transmission, back up light, auto cruise control and PTO hookups in frount and back. Another option on the tractor is the extendable links which I thinks is about about a $300 add on.

The price quoted was $30,069. This includes freight, set up, delivery, etc. Did I make a good deal on this tractor? Please tell me I did so I can show your replys to my wife. Told her I would let her drive it.....

Last edited:
   / Open platform 4520 #2  
I would say you got a pretty good deal. If I build your tractor on the JD website, it retails at between $37 and $38k, which would put you at a discount in the neighborhood of 20%. From what I've read in other posts here on TBN, anything in the 18% range is considered good.

For comparison, earlier this year, I got a discount of a little over 20% on a 4720 that had been on the lot for over a year.

You may want to go out on the JD website and build your machine, price it out, and come up with your discount to make sure I didn't miss anything. If I missed some of your options, you may have even done better than I thought!

/ Open platform 4520 #3  
That is a great quote.....I was quoted about a $1,000 higher on basically the same tractor last week delivered with tyres filled with RimG...; however, I am have the option of 100% financing for 48 months at "0%" on the tractor, loader and some attachments.

I was in your area the last two days......Weyers Cave & Harrisonburg....You folks sure need some rain!!!

/ Open platform 4520
The tires will be filled and I have the 0% financing for 36 months. And yes we are dry-have had no measurable rain for over 3 weeks and are experiencing a heat wave of temps in the 90's each day.

/ Open platform 4520 #5  
Gents,
Make sure your 0% rate does not include a "buy in" of 1.5-2.5%....

Regards, Matt.

/ Open platform 4520 #6  
Gents,
Make sure your 0% rate does not include a "buy in" of 1.5-2.5%....

Regards, Matt.

I have heard of this but when I bought mine last year it was about 18% off and 0% interest.