Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours?

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours? #11  
Something else to consider on trade ins...varies by state I know...but Sales Tax. The amount they give you on trade in is deducted from the sales tax of the new one.

Example.... New machine is 15k, they give you 10k on trade in. If tax is 5% over there, they will only tax you on 5k difference.
-Cash deal no trade: Taxed $750.00
-Trade in for 10k: Taxed $250.00

Just remember to add that into the math when considering trade vs outright sale. Of course this varies from state to state.

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours? #12  
I know I'll never get the same or better trading it in, but my time and dealing with the hassle of cold calls and people coming to my house is also worth some money, but not $4,000! Maybe $750 tops I could eat for the convenience, but I'll clean her up tomorrow and put her on craigslist.

I'll call the JD dealer too and see what they would offer.

I would clean it up and haul it in to the Deere dealer to see what kind of trade in he will allow. I have never gotten a serious number without a face to face meeting.

edit

I see from another thread you are planning on a 30hp Kubota so not much point in going to the Deere dealer. I can tell you this much you will pay alot for this 7hp upgrade.
Have you considered renting some larger equipment for a month to get some of the larger projects done? I use my equipment listed in the signature for landscape work, renting a 110tlb might be cheaper than taking such a hit on your trade.

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours? #13  
Pushing_Tin; It's amazing that after almost 3 years the depreciation is so low.[/QUOTE said:
You don't have the money in your hand........ so were not sure exactly what it will bring. When you get so close to retail people tend to like warranty and no interest. Dealer financing is so easy to get vs a local bank loan. They would like to include twice the amount requested in collateral.
Trust me..... if the dealer wants to sell a machine he will do much better than you can in a private sale.

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours?
Something else to consider on trade ins...varies by state I know...but Sales Tax. The amount they give you on trade in is deducted from the sales tax of the new one.

Example.... New machine is 15k, they give you 10k on trade in. If tax is 5% over there, they will only tax you on 5k difference.
-Cash deal no trade: Taxed $750.00
-Trade in for 10k: Taxed $250.00

Just remember to add that into the math when considering trade vs outright sale. Of course this varies from state to state.

No sales tax in Oregon. :D

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours?
I would clean it up and haul it in to the Deere dealer to see what kind of trade in he will allow. I have never gotten a serious number without a face to face meeting.

edit

I see from another thread you are planning on a 30hp Kubota so not much point in going to the Deere dealer. I can tell you this much you will pay alot for this 7hp upgrade.
Have you considered renting some larger equipment for a month to get some of the larger projects done? I use my equipment listed in the signature for landscape work, renting a 110tlb might be cheaper than taking such a hit on your trade.

Oh I've looked at Branson, New Holland, Kubota and JD too. I'll probably get something with at least 10hp more and a backhoe.

You don't have the money in your hand........ so were not sure exactly what it will bring. When you get so close to retail people tend to like warranty and no interest. Dealer financing is so easy to get vs a local bank loan. They would like to include twice the amount requested in collateral.
Trust me..... if the dealer wants to sell a machine he will do much better than you can in a private sale.

For sure, that's why I ended up with a new tractor myself. I still think I should be able to get $11k for it at the least.