Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours?

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours? #1  

Pushing_Tin

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 3320
For any tractor salesman or other experts out there, can you toss out a ballapark figure on a 2007 JD 2320, 120 hours, FEL and Land Pride 48" mower? I'm looking to get a bigger tractor and I need to see if trading it in is a dumb idea vs waiting awhile and selling private party. I paid about $14,200 for the package. I was thinking around $11,000...?

Thanks for any replies. :thumbsup:

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours? #2  
Pricing it's Orange cousin, the B2320, I'd say your $11 price would move it out quickly, too quickly. I would grab it in spades for that kind of price, which is why I think it's too low. $12,500 would make me stop and think, at least.:D

As an old horse trader and bottom feeder myself, I'd recommend you start closer to $12,800 and see what the market can bear before having sellers regret. Of course, it's physical, eye candy, always washed and waxed condition means a lot.

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours? #4  
For any tractor salesman or other experts out there, can you toss out a ballapark figure on a 2007 JD 2320, 120 hours, FEL and Land Pride 48" mower? I'm looking to get a bigger tractor and I need to see if trading it in is a dumb idea vs waiting awhile and selling private party. I paid about $14,200 for the package. I was thinking around $11,000...?

Thanks for any replies. :thumbsup:

Your tractor at 120 hrs is closer to new then old. Price a new package unit. Then decide a figure that would attract you if shopping for a new tractor to go used. I would guess =>$2000 below new to become attractive.

For trade in, if you are shopping green you might get a decent trade in. I would talk to your preferred dealer, get their trade in value then place a private add for $1000 more to test your market. Let a buyer barter you down half way then go buy your new tractor and one more new option. :D

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours?
Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'm used to trading in cars and taking a bath! After looking at the ads on tractor house it looks like $12,500 would be a very fair price, much higher than I anticipated. It's amazing that after almost 3 years the depreciation is so low.

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours? #6  
Thanks for the feedback, I guess I'm used to trading in cars and taking a bath! After looking at the ads on tractor house it looks like $12,500 would be a very fair price, much higher than I anticipated. It's amazing that after almost 3 years the depreciation is so low.

That's one of the strong suits for buying JD in the first place - resale!! :thumbsup:

However, in your case - 120 hours - that's 2 oil changes from the dealer's lot!

And most likely, a few small blemishes and little else - don't sell yourself (and your tractor) too short...

Best of luck.

AKfish

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours? #7  
IMO, you're in that magic window of "Anything can happen"...
By that I mean, your so close to new, that kinda hurts you...if that makes any sense...with great financing offers from MFG's and the fact that a new one has 100% warranty left on it. Makes it a little harder to sell at "top dollar". Totally depends on how things fall into place.

I went to the Kubota dealer today to check out what they had. After I looked around I asked what they would give me for a trade in. His offer?........ $7000! I was ROFL.

/ Resale value on a JD 2320 120 hours? #9  
I went to the Kubota dealer today to check out what they had. After I looked around I asked what they would give me for a trade in. His offer?........ $7000! I was ROFL.

Many dealer's work from the vantage that they need a profit margin of 30%-40% on trade-ins - or it's not worth their time!

IMO - it's a real waste of your time to go the trade-in route. You'll do much better selling it yourself.

The downside is if you need the money upfront for the purchase of your new tractor - you won't be able to make a move until you have the cash in hand..

Dave is correct in noting that you're gonna take a hit - it's hard to compete against those "zero hours and warrantied and 0% financing" machines!

But, many folk's are looking for good, used cars, trucks, and tractors nowadays. They just don't want those long-term payments and if they can buy something that would save them a year or two on payments... or a couple of thousand - they'll buy it!

AKfish

Many dealer's work from the vantage that they need a profit margin of 30%-40% on trade-ins - or it's not worth their time!

IMO - it's a real waste of your time to go the trade-in route. You'll do much better selling it yourself.

The downside is if you need the money upfront for the purchase of your new tractor - you won't be able to make a move until you have the cash in hand..

Dave is correct in noting that you're gonna take a hit - it's hard to compete against those "zero hours and warrantied and 0% financing" machines!

But, many folk's are looking for good, used cars, trucks, and tractors nowadays. They just don't want those long-term payments and if they can buy something that would save them a year or two on payments... or a couple of thousand - they'll buy it!

AKfish

I know I'll never get the same or better trading it in, but my time and dealing with the hassle of cold calls and people coming to my house is also worth some money, but not $4,000! Maybe $750 tops I could eat for the convenience, but I'll clean her up tomorrow and put her on craigslist. I'll call the JD dealer too and see what they would offer.