New JD subcompact

/ New JD subcompact #1  

Anonymous Poster

Has anyone heard of JD coming out with a new sub-compact to compete with the Kubota BX? It's not the 4000 series as far as I know.

/ New JD subcompact #2  
It's a 2000 series and it will be every bit the bx and more.

/ New JD subcompact #3  
All I can say is 'Hats off to Kubota' for effectively establishing and controlling a tractor class before anyone else even caught on. It kind of reminds me of Chrysler and the minivans back in the early- mid-eighties. They set the standard everyone else had to follow.

It'll be interesting to see how JD intends to play "catch-up" with the 2000 series.

/ New JD subcompact #4  
And do not forget MASSEY FERGUSON GC 2300 to add to the list of BX2200 killers???, guess we will see?? Here are the specs:

• 4WD, 22.5 ENGINE HP, 18.7 PTO HP
• 8 GPM TOTAL COMBINED FLOW (HYDRAULICS)
• 2 RANGE HYDROSTATIC TRANSMISSION
• POWER STEERING, WET DISK BRAKES
• 3 PT HITCH, MID & REAR PTO
• CHOICE OF AG OR TURF TIRES
LIST PRICE $9,430

Massey Ferguson announces the release of the new GC2300 Garden Compact Tractor along with the MF2350 Loader and MF2325 Mid-Mount Mower. These new products meet the demands for the consumer customer both in productivity and value. This style of tractor is sometimes referred to as a Sub-Compact - a hybrid between a compact tractor and a large garden tractor.

/ New JD subcompact #5  
I think the standard for tractors and farm machinery was set by John Deere a long time ago. All Kubota did was make a smaller version. Granted great for filling a niche but they sure didn't invent anything.

/ New JD subcompact #6  
I contacted Deere by e-mail asking for a date available of the 2210 an if they had a hard copy brochure/cataloge they could send me.

Their response below...

"The 2210 specifications have not yet been released. Please continue to check on the website for the latest up to date information on its release".

They do offer some spec on the J.D web site but don't give dimensions nor a very good picture...

/ New JD subcompact #7  
The MF Web site has been showing the MF 2300 all summer but when I call the dealer he tells me next month. Well next month has been all summer.

Has anyone seen one of these on a dealers lot???

/ New JD subcompact
I e-mailed JD about their new sub-compact and they wrote back saying they have no intentions of producing a sub-compact, but I talked to the JD dealer today and they said it is going to be a 2210 hopefully coming out in Oct. Will have to wait in see. Wonder why JD is keeping the lid on this.

/ New JD subcompact #9  
"Wonder why JD is keeping the lid on this. "

Reckon they're still debugging the machine. The Publicity Department of Deere may have jumped the gun a bit in releasing information.

/ New JD subcompact #10  
Maybe JD is waiting for the Fair season to show-off this new model. I live in New Hampshire , and attend the Deerfield and Topsfield Fairs each year. It would not surprise me to see John Deere displaying this new model there. Makes sense from a marketing perspective. I'll bring my digitail camera with me , and if it is on display , I'll get lots of PICS to POST :)

Stay Tuned ....

Mark