Price Check JD rear mount snowblower 66 inch PTO driven

/ JD rear mount snowblower 66 inch PTO driven #1  

wisconsin57

Tractor
1992 FORD MODEL 1720 AL4139 SERIAL # UL33133
Can anyone give me some advice on selling a used 66 inch PTO driven rear mount John Deere Snow blower that is about 25 years old? Mounts to a tractor. Made in Canada. Serial number W00666X002032J

It has a bit of cosmetic rust on it but is otherwise in excellent working condition. The shute has a 10.5 inch throat opening.
I would like to sell this and am in north/central WI (Tomahawk).

Don't know where to start or much about the blower.

/ JD rear mount snowblower 66 inch PTO driven #2  
Pics?
Specs?

I hate to quote a price without seeing it. And bear in mind, pricing varies from location to location. Seeing your in WI, I'm thinking pricing should be similar to ME prices.

/ JD rear mount snowblower 66 inch PTO driven #3  
Anybody know how much HP would be needed to run a 66" blower? I'm heading up north at the end of the month and might be interested if my 770 (22-24 HP or so at the PTO) could run it.

/ JD rear mount snowblower 66 inch PTO driven #4  
Anybody know how much HP would be needed to run a 66" blower? I'm heading up north at the end of the month and might be interested if my 770 (22-24 HP or so at the PTO) could run it.

Your 770 has 24 engine HP, 20 at the PTO. That's going to be pretty much the low end of the power requirements.
You'll also want to consider the 3PH lift capacity (about 800 lbs on your 770).

/ JD rear mount snowblower 66 inch PTO driven #5  
Not familiar with the JD 770 but if it is a HST then you can control your speed according to snow depth etc.

I guess another question is is the 3PH cat 1 or Cat 2? 66" blower could go either way.

Roy

/ JD rear mount snowblower 66 inch PTO driven #6  
Not familiar with the JD 770 but if it is a HST then you can control your speed according to snow depth etc.

I guess another question is is the 3PH cat 1 or Cat 2? 66" blower could go either way.

Roy

770 is a collarshift (non-synchro gear transmission). As long as it has a 2-stage clutch (probably does if it's MFWD), it'll be pretty easy to control the ground speed (which is pretty slow in reverse, low range).

Good question about the category though. Adapters are available.

/ JD rear mount snowblower 66 inch PTO driven #7  
Ive got the same blower and ran it on my JD 850, my FIL JD 1050 and now my current 4520 with 50 pto hp. The 850 was ok but was on the clutch too much to keep speed slow to not bog down the engine. The 1050 was better. The 4520 makes it a no brainer. This setup throws the snow much further so now I know how much the 2 older ractors were bogging down.
Good old blower. Just dont break the 2 big gears as I think they are NLA in the deere system.

/ JD rear mount snowblower 66 inch PTO driven #8  
This is a Cat I blower. A 770 might be a little light size wise. Still a great machine and mine is just as old but really no different than any other newer unit. The big difference is no gear box, just two open gears. Simple, stout, and somewhat maintenence free.

/ JD rear mount snowblower 66 inch PTO driven #9  
Thanks. That's exactly the kind of info I was looking for. I'm going to pass on a snowblower, I think, and just keep using my FEL and backblade for snow duty.

/ JD rear mount snowblower 66 inch PTO driven #10  
got a SB1164, 64 inch frontier for 2399 new if that helps you price it.