Don't understand rear hydraulic options

/ Don't understand rear hydraulic options #1  

DennisH

Silver Member
I guess I don't fully understand what I want or need when it comes to rear hydraulics on the back of my soon to be ordered 3320. The dealer told me I didn't need diverter valve option because I was not getting the under belly mower??????

I see myself using a log splitter with the power beyond kit so I will get that option. For $244 I can get a single rear SCV which seems like a small price to pay but what does this get me????

Below is some info I pulled off JD's web site.

The JD 3320 tractor is equipped with a dual mid-selective control valve as standard equipment that consists of two sets of right-hand-side-mounted couplers allow raising/lowering boom and curling/dumping bucket

Hydraulics:

Diverter valve - $1,299
Option LVB25507 / Electronic diverter for two additional rear hydraulic couplers (SCVs). The diverter valve allows the oil flow to be redirected from the front to the rear of the tractor. Kit includes diverter valve, rear-mounted 1/2-in. couplers, hydraulic lines, and switch. A Dual mid-SCV is required which is standard equipment on the 3320.

Hydraulic outlet - $244
Option LVB25506 / Adds a single rear SCV

Power beyond kit - $285
Option LVB25505 / Allows accessing pressurized hydraulic oil at rear of tractor for operating attachments equipped with an open-center control valve, such as a backhoe and log splitter.

It goes on to say that a dual pair mid SCVs/dual pair rear SCVs will require option LVB2557 and a dual pair mid SCVs/three pair rear SCVs will require option LVB25506 and LVB25507.

/ Don't understand rear hydraulic options #2  
I see myself using a log splitter with the power beyond kit so I will get that option. For $244 I can get a single rear SCV which seems like a small price to pay but what does this get me????

Your 244 bucks gets you a single hydraulic circuit out back.

How many circuits do you want/need out back? If you need/want only one, get the Single Rear SCV, if you need more, you'll need to buy the diverter kit, which will "add" 2 more out back for a total of 3. OR depending on your desire/skill level, you can fab up your own using the PB circuit. Tons of nice threads here on some really slick installs.

/ Don't understand rear hydraulic options
So the single hydraulic circuit out back for $244 is controled by a joystick?

/ Don't understand rear hydraulic options #4  
If you intend to have a loader then the mid couplers will be used for it. You then have the option for an additional rear set of couplers (LVB25506). This will be the first set of rear couplers. If you need more outlets on the rear for tools such as top n tilt hitch, rear hydraulic blade then you will need the diverter, which would add two more sets of rear outlets. This would bring you up to three sets of rear outlets all with built in factory controls.

The power beyond option for the log splitter is another option you will want to have. LVB25505

What you have to decide is whether having more than one rear outlet is important to you now or in the future. If you think you will need more than the single outlet at the rear you should order the diverter kit from the factory. I think with a factory order the labor will be less than adding the kit later on.

/ Don't understand rear hydraulic options #5  
So the single hydraulic circuit out back for $244 is controled by a joystick?

Yep, you'll have 1 additional Joystick.

The Diverter works by diverting the 2 loader circuits to the rear, so IMO the Diverter is a "Fake" circuit.

I'm not a fan of the diverter setup, but I need more then 1, I think I may just break down and buy the diverter before too long...

/ Don't understand rear hydraulic options #6  
Sounds like you only need the power beyond if you're just doing a log splitter. It will also run the BH if you decide later to get it. On my 3320 I ordered the rear SCV and the power beyond for my splitter & BH. For the extra bucks it's not a bad idea to get them now as you never know if you'll ever need them. I think I could run a shoot control with the SCV if I put on a rear blower but don't quote me on it.

Rob

/ Don't understand rear hydraulic options #7  
Agree with what others have said. The diverter option allows more out back remotes if you have an implement that needs more than one ( for example a top n tilt toplink). The diverter let's you presss a button on the loader joystick and this diverts the hydraulics to the back of the tractor- you then control the implement with the loader joystick, you can't use he loader and at the same time. The rear scv gives you one independent set of hydraulics in back and adds a joystick just in front of the 3PH control- you can use the loader and remote at the same time. The power beyond allows hook up for splitter or backhoe- an implement with it's own valve and joystick so operates independent of the loader but bypasses the 3PH when in use. As mentioned above, you can cobble together your own valve and joystick to the power beyond.
You'll have to decide on the diverter but if I was ordering new I would get the rear scv and power beyond installed. I installed the rear scv kit myself for my CCM hydraulic toplink- while not all that technical- a bit of a pain.

/ Don't understand rear hydraulic options #8  
Yep, you'll have 1 additional Joystick.

The Diverter works by diverting the 2 loader circuits to the rear, so IMO the Diverter is a "Fake" circuit.

I'm not a fan of the diverter setup, but I need more then 1, I think I may just break down and buy the diverter before too long...

Just to clarify, you will not get another "joystick", but rather a lever that operates the additional valve.

That additional valve can operate a grapple on the loader, a HTL (hydraulic top link), angle a blade...and lot's of other stuff.

You are correct that you will need the PB kit to operate the logsplitter.

/ Don't understand rear hydraulic options #9  
Sounds like you only need the power beyond if you're just doing a log splitter. It will also run the BH if you decide later to get it. On my 3320 I ordered the rear SCV and the power beyond for my splitter & BH. For the extra bucks it's not a bad idea to get them now as you never know if you'll ever need them. I think I could run a shoot control with the SCV if I put on a rear blower but don't quote me on it.

Rob

Yes, you can operate the chute control on a snowblower with it;)