My New 2520 (w/pics)

/ My New 2520 (w/pics) #1  

revitupfaster

Silver Member
Tractor
JD X495 & JD2520
My new 2520 arrived at my dealer on Friday (Aug 28). I just had a chance to drop in today to have a look at it, as they have just started to get it ready.

Really, its the first chance I have had to a have a "serious" look at a 2520. Most dealers around here, usually stock a number of the 2305's, and if you get lucky, they may have one of the other models available to look at, but that's about it. Thanks to being able to read the posts on this forum, about the various JD CUT's it really helped me a lot in making my decision. I mean it gents, thanks for the insights.

I decided I wanted either a 2320, or a 2520, because I wanted something larger than the 2305. I went with the 2520, basically because of the faster hydraulics, more horsepower, slightly larger size, and direct injection, which to me, made it worth the extra $.

I got the 200CX with the 53" bucket, the 62D MMM, with the deck lockup kit, Front Quick Tatch Hitch, I Match, Ballast Box and the rear work light kit. So far they have the FEL installed, but sure nuff....as has been also discussed on this forum, the dealer forgot that when using the MMM and a Front Hitch, there is a different bracket required so both will mount properly. The part is expected in on Tuesday, so they should be able to get everything put together then.

I did order one other accessory, which I have not yet seen on anyone's tractor or seen any discussions about, on this forum, which I will not tell you about, but will post pictures of the tractor later, to see if anyone will notice what it is.

I currently have a Yanmar 276D, with a 72"RFM, and a JD X495, with the 62C deck. I am trading the Yanmar in on the 2520. I kinda hate to see the old girl go, as I have owned it for over 25 years, and it has never, I mean never failed me. I have about 5 acres, of which I finish mow 3 to 3 1/2, and part of the property is on a riverfront flood plane area, where some times in the spring, the grass can get pretty heavy before the ground dries up enough to get at it, hence I sorta like to have something bigger than the X495.

My house sits on about 2 acres of flat land, which is higher than the riverfront area, and I have about a 400' flat semi paved, meaning paved, taking a beating and wearing out quick, partially I think due to using the 495 to push snow, and having to use chains. I had a rear blade at one time for the Yanmar, but it was a super PITA trying to push snow with it, so I traded the rear blade in when I got the 495 with the 54" blade. I sure hope the new 2520 will push the snow without chains, that, and getting the FEL, were the main reasons for the purchase.

Anyway, here are a few pictures of the Yanmar, and the 495, and I will post pics of the 2520 once I get it, to see how quickley folks will spot the mystery accessory.

Again thanks to all of the very informed folks on this forum , for helping me make my decision. I hope it was the right one.

REV

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    802.4 KB · Views: 477
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    777.5 KB · Views: 540
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    746 KB · Views: 305
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    96.7 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
   / My New 2520 (w/pics) #2  
Beautiful home you have there. Good luck with your new toys (I mean tractor and implements to work with, of course)!:laughing:

/ My New 2520 (w/pics)
Thanks very much for the compliment on the house. I'm kinda proud of it. It was one of those deals where I designed it myself, (had an architect do the drawings) and acted as my own contractor for the construction. Wow......I would never do that again. Dealing with sub-trades and trying to co-ordinate everything was a real joy.

Would far rather research and buy tractors.

Here's another quick pic which shows the full house. I actually bought my Yanmar Tractor way back when I bought the property. which at that time was just an open lot, totally unattended. The man I bought the land from was and old time farmer, and at that time, he also owned about 100 acres across the road, and he said to just start cutting the weeds down and eventually it would turn to grass. He was right, all the lawn your see was never planted, just mowed regularly. I owned and mowed the property for about 3 years before we started building.

REV

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    920.8 KB · Views: 399
   / My New 2520 (w/pics) #4  
Agree nice house. Your house story is about word for word what I did twenty years ago. Felt I could do a better job than hiring someone else. I trailered a JD 430 for a few years to keep it mowed before I built the house. Then later moved up to the 755 a couple years after building. Noticed the tower. What's on top of it?

/ My New 2520 (w/pics) #5  
REV,

Those weights on the Yanmar really need some attention. You should clean them up and paint them.:laughing:

/everything else though is picture perfect.:thumbsup:

/ My New 2520 (w/pics) #6  
Nice choice! I chose the 2520 over the 2305 and 2320 for a number of the same reasons. I LOVE my 2520 it is a great tractor. I am sure you will have a great time with it. :D

/ My New 2520 (w/pics)
jenkinsph.....

yes I really do need to do something about those weights. I'm going to keep them, so I guess they will have to get a fresh coat of JD Green.:laughing:

JD755......

Luckily the Gentleman I bought the property from, had an old barn across the road (I think you can just see it in one on the pics) and he let me keep the Yanmar in it so it was ready to use. We lived about 30 miles away, and usually came out on the weekends to cut the grass. Believe it or not, the first few cuttings were done with an old, I mean old, sickel bar mower which the fellow I bought the land from had. I was really surprised that it worked it was so old, but it did the job until I got the Yanmar deck.

About being you own General Contractor, would you do it again? Most people I know say once is enough for anyone.

The tower at the side of the house does have a TV antenna on it, but more importantly, right on the very top is a dish, very similar to the TV Satellite type, which I get my Internet signal through. Don't know what the problem is, but we have never had Internet service available here through telephone or cable. I suffered with the old dial-up service for years waiting for it, and finally had to go the wireless route. My dish on top of the tower gets the signal from another larger tower, which has to be on a "line of site". Overall, it works pretty good, although costs about $20 more than a similar speed through a hard wired system. I just didn't have the choice, and couldn't wait any longer.

REV

/ My New 2520 (w/pics) #8  
Good luck with the 2520, great tractors.

Nice house too. About 20 years ago I built my house. I subbed out the foundation but did the plumbing, electric, framing, etc. myself. We can do that here, where my mom lived you needed a licensed contractor for everything. Total BS if you ask me.

It was a great experience but I wouldn't do it again. The up side is that now I have a really nice house with no mortgage.

Rob

Attachments

• 3320-5.JPG
    3320-5.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 312
   / My New 2520 (w/pics) #9  
Congrats on the tractor! My wife and I also designed and built our house, we've been in two years now. It really was blood, sweat and tears! My JD sure has helped though.

house-1.jpg

/ My New 2520 (w/pics) #10  
Glad I don't have to decide about doing it again. Couple years ago I got into my old construction files and it amazed me what all I did back then. I remember thinking at the time that with all the details I carried in my head I felt like my brain bucket was full. My plan was to eventually just retire here and that is exactly what I did. The layout has worked well.

Sounds like a good solution for your Internet. A bit of effort and expense but I'm sure worth it.

Attachments

• House.jpg
    House.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 206