Buying Advice New JD models

/ New JD models #1  

Magilla1

Hearing rumors here and elsewhere that JD will have new CUT models in 2011. My understanding is that the 2320 will become the 2023 and so on, and there will be some substantive changes as well as just re-numbering going on (e.g., the 2305 will gain a foldable ROPS). My questions are: (1) anyone know when these new models will be coming out, and (2) anyone know how they might be changing the 2320? If I've heard right that they're giving foldable ROPS to the 2305, then it sounds like JD has addressed one of the biggest complaints about that model. One of the biggest complaints about the 2320 is that the low gear is too low and the high too high. Been wondering if they might be addressing that (perhaps a middle gear). Anyway, I've been right at the edge of buying the 2320 for awhile and the news about new models coming out has frozen me. Any info would be great!!

/ New JD models #2  
Hearing rumors here and elsewhere that JD will have new CUT models in 2011. My understanding is that the 2320 will become the 2023 and so on, and there will be some substantive changes as well as just re-numbering going on (e.g., the 2305 will gain a foldable ROPS). My questions are: (1) anyone know when these new models will be coming out, and (2) anyone know how they might be changing the 2320? If I've heard right that they're giving foldable ROPS to the 2305, then it sounds like JD has addressed one of the biggest complaints about that model. One of the biggest complaints about the 2320 is that the low gear is too low and the high too high. Been wondering if they might be addressing that (perhaps a middle gear). Anyway, I've been right at the edge of buying the 2320 for awhile and the news about new models coming out has frozen me. Any info would be great!!

Search for recent post's by user "bleedgreen", he is a JD salesman and has posted some info-and a few pictures.

/ New JD models #3  
Most that know are sworn to trade secrecy so the "cat" isn't out of the bag early.

But then sometimes the bag has leaks so one can tell that those drips are not from pickles :D

/ New JD models #4  
Mmmmmmmm... I like pickles. Crunchy, spicy dills for me please! :D

From my understanding, the 2305 is the only CUT that has been redesigned for 2011. I have not seen or heard anything regarding major changes to the 2x20, 3x20 or 4x20 series of tractors. I don't know how long you want to (or can) wait, but very late 2010, very early 2011 would be the first we "could" see a new 2x20 - but again I have no information that says that will be the case. Wish I could be more help!

/ New JD models #5  
BleedGreen
What CUT lines are coming off the assembly lines in Augusta now?

And, do you have a clue as to the long delivery delays being reported? Are the demands so high or is the production controlled?

/ New JD models #6  
talked to my dealer about the 2320 also...he said he just got back from a dealer meeting and the 2305 will be redesigned but the 2320 will stay the same....I hope he didn't just tell me this in fear of me waiting on a new 2320 but either way im still happy with my order of the current 2320.....it should be ready tomorrow for delivery...:D

/ New JD models #7  
BleedGreen
What CUT lines are coming off the assembly lines in Augusta now?

And, do you have a clue as to the long delivery delays being reported? Are the demands so high or is the production controlled?

Demand has been high since springtime on all the CUTs. I also have heard that Deere predicted a sligtly softer market for this season and adjusted the productions schedules accordingly. Add in the completely new 2305 replacement and some other planned changes on the 3x20 and 4x20 series (both which cause at least a slow down, if not a shut down, of the lines they are being built on) and we end up with an availability issue.

IMHO, too many dealers do not utilize the Transfer Program as much as they could, in order to get the customer what he or she wants/needs as quickly as possible.

As of my last update, 2305, 2320 and 2720 models do not show any September production. 2520 models show production the last two weeks of the month. I hope this helps you!

/ New JD models #8  
and here are the other model numbers.....

2320 2023m
2520 2026m
2720 2031m

3320 3033m
3520 3038m
3720 3044m

4120 4043m
4320 4048m
4520 4060m
4720 4066m

it kinda make sence after Deere introduced the E series CUTs.

/ New JD models #9  
well, if i remember right, there will actually be 2 replacements for the 2305. The 1023e and 1023r. :confused: Bleedgreen, are these right? I did find some pictures on Deeretalk.com showing part of the new 1023r. There are actually quite a few changes to note like a new hood (probably similar to the new 8000 series), foldabl;e ROPS on the R model, fuel tank on fender, possibly suspension seat, drive over deck MMM, etc. I think they look pretty sharp IMO. :D:D:cool::thumbsup:

Is the 8000 series the picture on the left? That is a big machine!