Wife gives the go-ahead <=$30,000

/ Wife gives the go-ahead <=$30,000 #1  

sleepyhollow

Silver Member
Tractor
JD 4310, eHydro - R4, dual SVC, speedmatch/cruise, rear floods
Hi Folks,

The Boss (my wife :)) gave me the O.k. last week for my dream JD. The only stipulation is that it must be no more than $30,000 (Grand Total). I know exactly what I need and I got several qoutes from the local Connecticut Dealers.

I'll list the most detailed one for your enjoyment and then I'll be most appreciative if you let me know your thoughts on whether I have a chance heckling the price down to 30K. Here goes:

JD 4310, MFWD $16,399
Folding ROPS (included in base price)
E Hydro Transmission 2,400
Mid PTO 390
R4 6PR (standard size) 200
Dual MID SCV 950
Auto Cruise/Speed Match 100
2 rear work lights 76

430 loader, 61" HD bucket, Grill Guard, Ballast box, 3 welded hooks 3948

48 Backhoe, 12" bucket 7282
power beyond kit 210

59" Snow Blower, Front Hitch + Drive shaft 4220

Sub-Total $36,175
Freight $450
Set-Up $800
Total $37,425
Dis/Trade $4,975
Selling Price $32,450
Selling Price minus $950 JD Discount(-350 for tractor, -300 for 1st implement, -300 for second implement) for a total of $31,500 plus sales tax of $1,890 (6%) for a GRAND TOTAL of $33,390

So, have I got a chance or is it time to start chiseling away at features to save 3 grand?
Thanks,
J

/ Wife gives the go-ahead <=$30,000 #2  
sleepyhollow,

You've got the chance to say 29K, take or leave it. I think they'll take it. Play good guy , bad guy. Your wife is the bad guy. You are the good guy, say: "You know, I think you are giving me a great deal, but my wife says no more than 29K, I wish I could do business with you, but I gotta look into the Kubota line" .

When they come back with $29.4K, say I'll talk to the wife, but I am very skeptical. Then call back and take it.

Buck

/ Wife gives the go-ahead <=$30,000
Thanks Buck, that's a good plan and I'm going to try it. I can't wait to get past the bargining stage and delivery stage and post some pictures of it in action!
Thanks

/ Wife gives the go-ahead <=$30,000 #4  
Do you have another tractor you could trade in??

I doubt if any of the dealers will sharpen there pencils any more,for the prices seem fair.

If there one attachment you could leave out..snowblower..maybe you could save enough $$ to purchase next year.

Good luck and have a grand time..oops almost forgot..you have a very understanding wife!

/ Wife gives the go-ahead <=$30,000 #5  
You can do a heck of alot better than that on price for sure! Roughly you should be able to buy that outfit for at least 15% off of list and everything you are buying they should give you 20% off of list and then take off the rebates too.

/ Wife gives the go-ahead <=$30,000 #6  
A couple thoughts for you...

I notice the only attachments for the rear of the tractor is the ballast box and the hoe. I'll tell you, the hoe at 1500 lbs makes a great ballast, save your money. (I'm not sure on the ballast box cost either)

Second point, if you need to cut a grand off, you may want to go with the 47 hoe instead of the 48.

Happy hunting.

/ Wife gives the go-ahead <=$30,000 #7  
<font color=blue>You can do a heck of alot better than that on price for sure! Roughly you should be able to buy that outfit for at least 15% off of list and everything you are buying they should give you 20% off of list and then take off the rebates too. </font color=blue>

What Deere dealers should do & what they do do are two very different things in New England. Anyway, run the numbers (list prices are avail on JD website) it will at least tell you how much the guy is overcharging you by. Also search further away (I'd recommend going West) for a better price. Local guy might match it.

If you are unable to deal the price down, how about swapping the front snowblower for a rear snowblower should save $2K

/ Wife gives the go-ahead <=$30,000 #8  
You might want to ditch the snowblower too...CT doesn't get THAT much snow most of the time anyway, and for $4 grand you can hire a lot of people to plow your drive for years or else just use a loader bucket (like I do) or a back blade...4grand for a snowblower is approaching ridiculous IMO.

Have fun.

/ Wife gives the go-ahead <=$30,000 #9  
<font color=blue>...4grand for a snowblower is approaching ridiculous ...</font color=blue>

Yep... and along the same lines... some people find it somewhat absurd to pay $15K for a tractor to just mow your lawn... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Wife gives the go-ahead <=$30,000 #10  
..werll I take your point, b ut then again you do NEED to mow your lawn every week, sometimes twice a week, whereas plowing a drive, especially in CT, can sometimes be 1-2 timers per year, or maybe 6-8 times in a very, very snowy year.

On a 2-3 acre lot, the length of the driveway can't be all that big, imo, to justify a 4 grand snowblower, but if money was no object go for it...I was just suggesting that when looking at all his options, the 4K seem like a nobrainer way to reduce the overall cost of the package./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif without really affecti ng the overall usefulness of the package.