What's a good price on an MX10?

/ What's a good price on an MX10? #1  

stravis

Gold Member
Tractor
2009 John Deere 5101E Limited
I'm looking at 10' mowers. Not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger or not, but I'm looking around.
So far I've priced a new Bush Hog 3210 and a new John Deere MX10. The JD salesman told me that the Bush Hog 3210 was a more heavy duty mower, but they are both listed as medium duty and the Deere actually has a heavier gauge deck. I think the gear boxes on the Bush Hog are rated for more HP, so maybe that is what he was referring to. Either way, I have a smaller 5' Fred Cain that I can use for the nasty stuff. I'm just looking for a larger mower that I can cut the pastures with and occasionally an overgrown field. I've pretty much settled on one of these two mowers, but would like to get your opinions as well. Do you think these two would be a good fit for me? What are the advantages/disadvantages of each?

The prices I've been quoted are as follows:
Bush Hog 3210 pull type $8000
John Deere MX10 pull type $6500 (this one is an out the door price, taxes, freight, etc. included)

I'm leaning toward the JD, for the price, the dealer is just 8 miles from the farm, and I just like John Deere. Using the "build your own" feature on the JD website it shows the MX10 being around $7500 pre-tax, so I think the JD dealer is giving me a decent deal. I'm just exploring, so I didn't try to talk him down or anything. I did buy my 5101 from this dealer last year, so he may have given me a discount for that. Does that sound like a decent price to you?

Anyone had any experience with the mx10 that you can share?

Thanks.

/ What's a good price on an MX10? #2  
I currently have an MX 8 Three point mower that has been great. I traded in an HX 10 on it that was a little too big for the tractor. That HX 10 was a heavy duty beast but I don't think we lost anything in getting the MX 8. I was really surprised by the quality of cut on both of the JD mowers. The price you got seems to be pretty good to me.

Ray

/ What's a good price on an MX10? #3  
I think the price the dealer quoted is good. This time of year, they are trying to unload mowers instead of holding them over the winter. I bought a used HX 10 pull type this year for $4500 and I thought that was a good price for used. It was in excellent condition.

/ What's a good price on an MX10? #4  
I think the price the dealer quoted is good. This time of year, they are trying to unload mowers instead of holding them over the winter. I bought a used HX 10 pull type this year for $4500 and I thought that was a good price for used. It was in excellent condition.

I just bought a 05 model in good condition for $4000

/ What's a good price on an MX10? #5  
I just found a used MX-8 semi-mount with hydraulic raise/lower and the rare hydraulic swing option in very good condition for $3,500.

Despite low funds availability, I think I must buy this piece. Too much mower to pass up and a perfect fit for my needs. Might switch to pneumatic tires though....

/ What's a good price on an MX10? #6  
I am getting ready to purchase a new JD HX10 pull-type cutter and was quoted $9,250.00 out the door (shipping, setup & sales tax) from my local dealer. After reading this thread and others else where I think this price is a little high. Has anyone else purchased a HX10 recently? If so, would you mind sharing the price you paid?

Thank you...

/ What's a good price on an MX10? #7  
The drive line on a MX-10 sux. The short shaft should be next to the gearbox and the long section to the tractor. The HX-10 has a completely different setup. I wouldn't buy a MX-10

/ What's a good price on an MX10? #8  
Why???