New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week

/ New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week
Steve,

It sounds as if your research last year was much like my recent research. In my case, since the last time I bought a tractor, the CUT tractors have come onto the scene with a vengeance. They are nice machines and I'm sure that they serve their purpose very well, but me being the old school codger that I am, I had to stay with big iron and industrial engines.

Maybe the new tractor market was as much of a surprise to you as it was to me.

/ New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week #32  
MB,
I had the benefit of having purchased my 110tlb new in early 2005, with over 4 years of use I knew the ehydro was a good unit. Using both the 820 gear tractor and the 110 with ehydro made it an easy decision to make. Found out a little later on that the cab was only available with ehydro anyway.

Since I had quite a few implements sized for the 820 and 110 onhand I stayed with the 4x20 series and bought the 4520 cab unit. One of the important things I have learned about the compact tractors is how to approach ground engaging tasks, that is to use pto implements rather than older types depending on tractive force alone. A good quality tiller utilizing the pto makes more sense than a disk or turning plow. I can still pull pretty hard with the 4520 and at a good speed but not as forcefully as a 5xxx series that weighs over 5600 lbs with R1 tires.

/ New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week
Steve,

That makes sense. Minimal weight in a tractor doesn't help traction, but it sure doesn't get in the way of PTO power.