New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week

/ New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week #1  

MBDiagMan

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 5045D, Grasshopper 61" with PowerVac,Gator 825i, Cub Cadet 2145
Not to steel the title from bgl, but my new 5045D with 512 loader is due here next week.

I found a high volume dealer that quoted $17,195 which is 14% less than list price so I made the plunge. Our daughter is coming to visit this weekend so I told him to wait until next week to deliver it. Then I got home and my wife was disappointed because I told them to wait until next week. Ya' gotta love a Country Girl!

One reason she's excited is that I spent the RIDICULOUSLY high price to add a Roto Tiller. I'm delinquent in putting in her new garden spot that I promised a few years ago, and now it's gonna happen.

So now I've got to find a way to sleep between now and next week.

I think I'm going to do like bzl and put water and antifreeze in the back tires. Any tips as to how to approach this project and what proportion of water and antifreeze to use and how many gallons will it take?

Thanks to all those that offered suggestions and feedback in several different threads over the last few days leading up to my purchase.

/ New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week #2  
First I've heard of anyone DELAYING delivery. All you can do is count the hours, they will pass.

You can find fill capacity for your tires on AG tire websites. Or post the size and type (R1, R4,Turf) and someone will respond.

/ New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week
The Stork is due at five this evening, I hope to get pictures posted this weekend since it will only look like a new tractor for about a week if I'm lucky.

/ New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week #4  
The Stork is due at five this evening, I hope to get pictures posted this weekend since it will only look like a new tractor for about a week if I'm lucky.

Patiently waiting.:licking:

/ New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week #5  
My 5045D still looks new, and I work the heck out of it... but it stays in the barn at night, and get's washed often. The paint quality on these tractors is very good...

Thanks for the interest.

Yes, it showed up Tuesday evening at the tail end of a rain storm(dealt with it because we needed the rain so much.) I haven't posted information about that event because I was waiting to get some good pictures first. I've had so many things pop up that I haven't been able to run it hardly at all. That should change this weekend and once I get the pictures taken then it will be ready to get messed up(work the heck out of it.)

I am struggling with setting things up for a spot to keep it indoors. It's good to know that the paint is durable. I have a small pressure washer and plan to keep it clean and taken care of.

I hope to experiment with getting digital pictures from my wifes camera into my 'puter soon.

Stand by,

/ New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week #7  
congrats on your purchase.. thinking bout the same tractor but with the detachable loader.. let me know how you like the 512 loader and how is the manuverability with it on. and of course pictures

Okay, I got some pictures, but the Manage Attachments won't work on my computer. I will try to put the pictures on a jump drive and take them to work. Maybe I can download them there.

BuckTaker,

I have very little time on this tractor so far, but I have a little time with the tractor and loader and it works beautifully. You should also read bglz42's thread in this forum. He has had the identical tractor as mine with the same loader for about a year. He uses it for much the same purpose as myself and gave a good review.

/ New Baby (5045D) Due Date Sometime Next Week #9  
Okay, I got some pictures, but the Manage Attachments won't work on my computer. I will try to put the pictures on a jump drive and take them to work. Maybe I can download them there.

Do you have a pop-up blocker on? What happens when you click Manage Attachments?

What happens is that a window comes up and the circling arrow continues to circle. I've let it go for ten minutes and it never got any further.

Thanks for your help.