Buying Advice John Deere 2020

/ John Deere 2020 #1  

jackmac

Tractor
MF 130
I am considering purchasing a JD 2020 to use for bush hogging with a woods brushbull 840 pull behind mower. Does anyone have any opinions if this is a good tractor and the right one for the job.

/ John Deere 2020 #2  
The 2020 had lots of options, can you be more specific as to the condition of this machine and the options this one has? Gas or diesel, live or independent pto, overall condition of machine, tires and so forth.

As far as the matchup of tractor to the 840 that looks OK.

A picture would help.

/ John Deere 2020 #3  
The 2020 is not one of the deeres you want to run away from if thats what you are asking. should be a 4 cly maybe 60 hp or so . an early model of the 2350 or 2355 . big brother to 820 1020 and 1520.

/ John Deere 2020
I don't have a picture right now but it appears to be in great condition. It was 1 remote but no other options. It's a diesel and I believe it is a 1975.

/ John Deere 2020 #5  
While none of us can tell you what kind of shape this specific tractor is in I will say that I have had the 820 without problems and still have it today. I have also had the 3020 and 4020 tractors and was very happy with these too. I would hazard to guess that this tractor and a 7' medium duty cutter would be a good workable match. You may have to do some work on the tractor such as a new clutch at some point but if it looks to be in good shape that indicates that it likely has been cared for. Sometimes you just have to take a chance and hope for the best. I have had good experiences with the older Twenty series tractors for the most part.