4320 Cab

/ 4320 Cab #1  

Rockgod

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD X380 Accel 48" Deep Deck
Hello everyone. Been reading this forum for a while now and just wanna say that I've learned alot from you, so thank you!

I've been looking at the 4320 w/cab and have determined that I want one bad. I know that sounds like something my kid would say but I can't help it. :D

Right now I'm looking at trading in my 4105. Bought new from the same dealer in July 2009, I paid $21,000 w/fel and R4's. He agreed to give me $17,640.00... At the same time the 4320 w/cab, 400x and R4's he's right at $36,239.00 that is $4708 (Deere web site) of msrp. On a seperate issue I'm getting wacked $1035.00 in freight and roll off fees. Am I crazy to accept this offer? Does this seem like a fair deal to everyone? Please chime in, I'd really like everyone's opinion.

I'm so mad at myself for not getting the cab in the first place. This looks like it's gonna be a real expensive lesson.

Last edited:
   / 4320 Cab #2  
In simple terms, it appears your tractor (4105) will take an approx. 25% hit in order to purchase a new 4320 cab model for approx. 10% discount (not adding 1035.00 freight, etc.). Not a great deal, but I'd venture to say average as many people have mentioned trading in tractors from 1-5 years (maybe more) old and getting basically what they paid for it against the MSRP price of a new one. Remember that the tractor they traded in was bought at a discounted price - not MSRP. Good Luck with your wheeling/dealing!

Last edited:
   / 4320 Cab #3  
I just did some quick math and yup, it looks that is going smart a bit. Kinda like getting a little gasoline into a paper cut.

But hey, it's only money and if you come out of it with THE big one....Celebrate.!!:thumbsup::D

/ 4320 Cab #4  
I have had numerous compacts over the years and finally broke down and traded my last 4120 for a 4720 CAB. It really cost but the cab is SOOOO worth it!!

/ 4320 Cab #5  
Don't forget there is a new 4000 series coming out, so you may want a new series, or wait for the 'blowout' (a relative term when speaking about JD) prices.

I'd sit on my hands for a few months.....as painful as it may be.....

-J.

/ 4320 Cab #6  
Hello everyone. Been reading this forum for a while now and just wanna say that I've learned alot from you, so thank you!

I've been looking at the 4320 w/cab and have determined that I want one bad. I know that sounds like something my kid would say but I can't help it. :D

I'm so mad at myself for not getting the cab in the first place. This looks like it's gonna be a real expensive lesson.

Don't make the second mistake either, go for a 4520 or 4720 while you are at it. You do get a good boost in performance with these machines.

/ 4320 Cab #7  
A common sentiment is that the jump from 4520 to 4720 isn't worth the extra cash, but 41/43 to 45 is worth it.

-Jer.

/ 4320 Cab
Don't make the second mistake either, go for a 4520 or 4720 while you are at it. You do get a good boost in performance with these machines.

The only cabed tractor on their lot is a 4520, no loader. He told me "for an exra $2500" it could be mine. To me that seemed high but I don't know. I did take it for a test drive though.

The thing is for my uses, 75% brush hogging (10-20 acres) and 25% loader work the 4520 would be overkill. Heck the 4320 is overkill. I'm being forced by JD to go larger. The 4105 already does everything, except keeping bugs from carring me off :mad:

Would anyone take that deal I mentioned earlier? At least help me justify it :laughing:

/ 4320 Cab
A common sentiment is that the jump from 4520 to 4720 isn't worth the extra cash, but 41/43 to 45 is worth it.

-Jer.

What kind of "extra cash" should I be looking at? Like I mentioned in my previous post, it would take another $2500 to get me there :(

/ 4320 Cab #10  
I would pay 2500 extra for the 4520 over a 4320, I wouldn't try to convince myself that the 4320 had plenty of power. You have enough mowing to be able to discern the difference between the two tractors.

As for the cost of the upgrade in general it seems a little expensive but reaffirms my position to buy larger to start with, cheaper in the long run. Hope you can work something out with your dealer that works for you, I would be pushing for the 4520 he has in stock.

I would hope some of the new tractor buyers will read this thread to understand why some of us promote buying the larger and better equipped tractors the first time.