:mad:JOHN DEERE Compact Tractor 4115

/ :mad:JOHN DEERE Compact Tractor 4115 #1  

JSudol

Tractor
John Deere 4115
:mad:JOHN DEERE Compact Tractor 4115

Freak Accident??? Some-how a stick, tree (3 inch piece of wood about 6 foot long) wedged itself through both power steering hoses. Then I went to make a turn not knowing about this. The end of the stick tree then twisted my hoses breaking them and causing a leak. This is not the problem! Getting it fixed is the problem.

I am a 70 year old man with congested heart failure. There is not much I can do without running out of breath. My JOHH DEERE Dealer towed it on a flat bed for repair. Now mind you this JOHN DEERE Dealer owns four (4) Dealerships within 100 miles. Not a fly by night Dealer by any means of the imagination.

The Dealer started the repair on September 20th of this year of 2010. He has not been able to acquire the hoses to make this repair. The JOHN DEERE web site says they do not have any in stock and they are on back order!!! My Dealer said he has tried to contact JOHN DEERE in an attempt to find out how long of a delay they may be on back order. He has not been able to speak to anyone who could answer this. They tell him they will have someone return his calls which they never do!!!

:confused:Is there some reason why??? Do I have the only 4115 on earth??? Do the Power Steering Hydraulic hoses fit ONLY the 4115??

I think I made an error since when a JOHN DEERE breaks down you must REPLACE it!!! You may be assured it will not be another JOHN DEERE, WAITING SINCE SEPTEMBER 20, 2010

/ :mad:JOHN DEERE Compact Tractor 4115 #2  
Can a hose shop make the hoses?

/ :mad:JOHN DEERE Compact Tractor 4115
they tell me special threaded ends.

/ :mad:JOHN DEERE Compact Tractor 4115 #4  
Did they tell you what kind of "special" threaded ends they are?

To my knowledge, unlike Komatsu, Deere uses standard fittings. If the fittings are ORB (O-Ring Boss/SAE), ORFS (O-Ring Face Seal, common on Deere), JIC, then any Parker Store should be able to fix you right up.

Sounds more like a dealer issue not wanting to get you squared away.

/ :mad:JOHN DEERE Compact Tractor 4115 #5  
It sounds like a dealer problem to me...they won't source the parts elswhere to help you. In today's internet world-there is no good reason they could not find another source for these hoses.

/ :mad:JOHN DEERE Compact Tractor 4115 #6  
I had a similar issue with an older Kubota that had a Great Bend loader on it. I couldn't find any parts so I went to TSC. Although they didn't specifically have the lines and fittings they let me look at all their fittings in their make up area. I figured out how to use their various fittings to work and they just made it for me. Sometimes the people who supposedly know best only know one way to do it.

/ :mad:JOHN DEERE Compact Tractor 4115 #7  
they tell me special threaded ends.

My dealer is about 75 miles away but I have a local NAPA store that can make hoses for me with no problems. They stock a good selection of hose ends so that I have never needed to use adaptors either. Typical costs for short hoses are about $25 to $30 each.