Delivery time?

/ Delivery time? #11  
Typically when the dealer places the order for the tractor Deere gives him a delivery or build date. Last week when ordering the X749 I asked my dealer specifically about people ordering tractors that were taking several months to get such as Brian's. He commented that he has gotten all of them within six weeks and most run about three weeks. He felt the long waits were dealer issues most likely, he said there is no large backlog of tractor orders right now but implied that would be nice (wishful thinking). Combines though can have long waits but not CUT's.

I was talking to my dealer, he's a small one, and he said that they can't order any new tractors for spec only to fill customer orders until, I think he said January. Some thing is going on with Deere, look how long the tractors have been taking to come in. Mine took a full 9 weeks, forget Brian's. My dealer called my tractor in rightwhen I ordered it.
My dealer said Deere is doing very well. I have no reason to disbelieve him.
Now I ordered my 59" blower on a Thursday and it was here the following Monday. People are still waiting of the Frontier rear blowers however.

Rob

/ Delivery time? #12  
Rob,
Could be a holdup on some models due to retooling time or reorganization of assembly lines etc. I am in Colorado right now and haven't gotten back with my dealer on my X749 to find out the delivery date. I may find it is next year:(, guess I will know in a few days.

/ Delivery time? #13  
Reading the Ag print and folk's are getting more confident in the commodity markets. So, the sale of big iron is getting tighter..

Interesting that there's a hold up on smaller iron, too. (Maybe Deere is having the factory crews pull shifts over at the heavy rig plants at night and then days at the CUT plants; commuting from GA to IA?? :D)

AKfish

/ Delivery time?
I know what you mean. I ordered my first tractor, a 3038e, on Friday October the 22nd. The dealer told me it should arrive in about 10 days, so I'll take delivery on November the 5th. This is going to be the longest two weeks of my life.:confused2:

Howdy,

Have you heard anything more about your tractor delivery? Do you know where that model is assembled? Nothing new to report on mine - dealer simply says November 23rd or perhaps before.

/ Delivery time? #15  
Good luck to you, you'll love it when you get it.

I have a 2010 model 3520 w/ deluxe cab, 300cx loader w/ skid steer mount, 72" bucket, 3rd funct. lines, and 72" auto-connect mower.

Everything I have was ordered on the same day, at which time I was given an arrival date of 4-6 weeks

I ordered it on March 30, the tractor and bucket arrived on May 11, and the rest of the attachements arrived around June 18.

I finally was able to take delivery on June 21. That's a little longer than 6 weeks :mad:. John Deere's excuse on the dates was that they are approximate :confused2:

The dealer is small but had the best pricing so....

Ordering another tractor from JD will never happen in my lifetime. If it's not available on the lot or at another dealer, I'll do without another JD.

/ Delivery time?
Oh boy, I hope my experience is better than that. Thanks for the information. Mine will be coming with FEL front and back blades and a snowblower. Essentially the same setup that I have now with my 4400. The cab will be a big improvement I think. My existing cab (not JD) is ok, it keeps me from freezing in the winter but has no AC so it gets hot in there in the summer. It does let diesel exhaust come in however and that gets irritating to my eyes. My new back blade will have hydraulic angling which will be a really nice feature that I don't currently have. So I just have to keep reminding myself that it WILL get here and that I hopefully will have many years to enjoy it! :)

/ Delivery time? #17  
Rob,
Could be a holdup on some models due to retooling time or reorganization of assembly lines etc. I am in Colorado right now and haven't gotten back with my dealer on my X749 to find out the delivery date. I may find it is next year:(, guess I will know in a few days.

Steve,
I would think that they want to get that out before too long. They build snow blowers in the summer and mowers in the winter. I do think there's something to retooling with new models and options coming out. The CUT market is a busy one.

Boy, I just got the 59" blower and they did a really good job putting it together! The front hitch stuff is top quality too.

Rob

/ Delivery time? #18  
Ordering another tractor from JD will never happen in my lifetime. If it's not available on the lot or at another dealer, I'll do without another JD.

Really? I waited 9 weeks for my 3320 but it was worth it. In fact if I had to I'd wait as long as it takes, time wouldn't sway my decision. I fully admit it, I'm a Deere man!
Rob

/ Delivery time?
:mad: SHOCKING NEWS

As mentioned in my original entry I ordered a 3720 cab model on October 18th. The dealer just called me and said he had received a call from John Deere that informed him not to expect delivery until about April 5, 2011. So my dream won't come true until 23 weeks after placing the order. I wish I lived in an area with tractor dealers of a different manufacture because it sure wouldn't take much for me to drop my long time relationship with John Deere. Their excuse? More demand than anticipated and major factory overhaul. To say I am disappointed is very much an understatement. How can anyone expect the economy to rev up if they keep the customer waiting half a year to get a product?:confused2:

/ Delivery time? #20  
:mad: SHOCKING NEWS

As mentioned in my original entry I ordered a 3720 cab model on October 18th. The dealer just called me and said he had received a call from John Deere that informed him not to expect delivery until about April 5, 2011. So my dream won't come true until 23 weeks after placing the order. I wish I lived in an area with tractor dealers of a different manufacture because it sure wouldn't take much for me to drop my long time relationship with John Deere. Their excuse? More demand than anticipated and major factory overhaul. To say I am disappointed is very much an understatement. How can anyone expect the economy to rev up if they keep the customer waiting half a year to get a product?:confused2:

As I said, I got the straight skinny from my dealer. He can only get tractors to fill customer orders NOT for his lot or spec till next year.

What you can do is get on the net and call around the country, you might find one close to what you want. that's what I would do if I was in your position.

Boy, glad I got mine in July!

Rob