Tractor Sizing JD 3520 Dimensions

/ JD 3520 Dimensions #1  

Diavolicchio

Tractor
2010 Kubota B3030HSDC
I'm looking both at JD and Kubota for my first tractor. The Kubota site lists all of the dimensions for their base models, but I was surprised to find the JD site does not. Or if they do, I can't find them. Can anyone clarify why this info isn't readily available on their site?

If I go the JD route, I'm likely to go with a 3520 Cab with FEL, Mid-Mount Mower and Ballast Box initially, and add a few other attachments later (tiller and snow blower.) I just need to get accurate dimensions for this set-up for purposes of storage in my garage. I've got space limitations and need to know I can make it fit. Would anyone on here be kind enough to post them? It would be great to get the following three:

Inches in width and length (for just the tractor itself, without FEL)
Inches in length (from front of FEL to back of tractor, without 3P included)
Inches in length (from front of FEL to back of ballast box)

I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, would someone let me know what the model number would be for the JD ballast box for the 3520 Cab? Thanks.

John

/ JD 3520 Dimensions #2  
   / JD 3520 Dimensions #3  
A few indications from the 3520 manual :

Dimensions
NOTE: Height and width dimensions can vary due to dimensional growth of tires.

Wheelbase 1.7 m (68 in.)

Overall Length w/ 3-Point Hitch 3.1 m (120.2 in.)

Overall Width w/ R1 Tires (Minimum) 1.3 m (52.4 in.)

Overall Width w/ R1 Tires (Maximum) 1.7 m (68.4 in.)

Overall Width w/ R3 Tires (Minimum) 1.4 m (53.9 in.)

Overall Width w/ R3 Tires (Maximum) 1.5 m (59.1 in.)

Overall Width w/ 43 x 16.00-20 R4 Tires (Minimum) 1.5 m (58.1 in.)

Overall Width w/ 43 x 16.00-20 R4 Tires (Maximum) 1.5 m (59.7 in.)

Overall Width w/ 15.00-19.5 R4 Tires (Minimum) 1.4 m (57.3 in.)

Overall Width w/ 15.00-19.5 R4 Tires (Maximum) 1.5 m (58.9 in.)

Overall Width w/ Golf Tires (Minimum) 1.5 m (59.5 in.)

Overall Width w/ Golf Tires (Maximum) 1.6 m (64.7 in.)

Inside Width w/ R1 Tires (Minimum) 1.03 m (40.6 in.)

Inside Width w/ R1 Tires (Maximum) 1.4 m (56.6 in.)

Inside Width w/ R3 Tires (Minimum) 1.02 m (40.4 in.)

Inside Width w/ R3 Tires (Maximum) 1.2 m (45.6 in.)

Inside Width w/ 43 x 16.00-20 R4 Tires (Minimum) 1.1 m (42 in.)

Inside Width w/ 43 x 16.00-20 R4 Tires (Maximum) 1.1 m (43.7 in.)

Inside Width w/ Golf Tires (Minimum) 1.02 m (40.3 in.)

Inside Width w/ Golf Tires (Maximum) 1.2 m (45.5 in.)

Inside Width w/ 15.00-19.5 R4 Tires (Minimum) 1.1 m (42 in.)

Inside Width w/ 15.00-19.5 R4 Tires (Maximum) 1.2 m (43.7 in.)

Height From Ground (Tractor without cab, with standard R1 tires)
To Top of Hood 1.4 m (57 in.)

To Top of Folding ROPS 2.4 m (93.3 in.)

Height From Ground (Tractor with Cab, R3 tires)
To Top of Cab 2.3 m (89.4 in.)

Weight
All Models (without cab) 1316 kg (2900 lb)

All Models (with cab) 1619 kg (3570 lb)

Attachments

• DSCF1401 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1401 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    451.1 KB · Views: 558
  • DSCF3158 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF3158 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    451.8 KB · Views: 532
  • DSCF1238 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF1238 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    454.4 KB · Views: 1,702
  • DSCF3165 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    DSCF3165 [R駸olution de l'馗ran].JPG
    340.2 KB · Views: 412
   / JD 3520 Dimensions
If you go to Deere's website, you can pull up the brochure and find width, height and wheelbase dimensions. Check out page 5 for the 3000 series brochure.

Steve,

Oddly enough, the length and width of the 3520 aren't in the online brochure, or anywhere else on their website. That's why I asked. If you check the brochure, you'll see what I mean.

John

/ JD 3520 Dimensions
Soulasphil:

That's EXACTLY what I needed. Thanks for going out of your way. Much appreciated!

John

/ JD 3520 Dimensions #6  
Steve,

Oddly enough, the length and width of the 3520 aren't in the online brochure, or anywhere else on their website. That's why I asked. If you check the brochure, you'll see what I mean.

John

If you look at the bottom of page 5 of the brochure, the total length of the 3X20 series is 120.2 inches along with a few other measurements. It is kind of hard to find. I agree that the brochure could give more info though.

Anyway, it doesn't matter since soulasphil gave you everything you need.

FYI, I have the 3520 tractor and love it. I never compared to Kubota though.

/ JD 3520 Dimensions
Steve:

I found the info you referenced. Thanks for pointing it out. How bizarre for John Deere to put it where they did, yet to leave this basic information off of their Specifications chart. Makes no good sense.

I appreciate the clarification.

John

/ JD 3520 Dimensions #8  
I'm looking both at JD and Kubota for my first tractor. The Kubota site lists all of the dimensions for their base models, but I was surprised to find the JD site does not. Or if they do, I can't find them. Can anyone clarify why this info isn't readily available on their site?

If I go the JD route, I'm likely to go with a 3520 Cab with FEL, Mid-Mount Mower and Ballast Box initially, and add a few other attachments later (tiller and snow blower.) I just need to get accurate dimensions for this set-up for purposes of storage in my garage. I've got space limitations and need to know I can make it fit. Would anyone on here be kind enough to post them? It would be great to get the following three:

Inches in width and length (for just the tractor itself, without FEL)
Inches in length (from front of FEL to back of tractor, without 3P included)
Inches in length (from front of FEL to back of ballast box)

I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, would someone let me know what the model number would be for the JD ballast box for the 3520 Cab? Thanks.

John

It takes me 13 feet of length to get my 3520 w/FEL in my shed and that includes the 3 pt. arms down. Fits just right. As far as JD vs. Kubota I compared and went with the JD. I have a Kubota zero turn and I'm very satisfied. I thought I would get a Kubota tractor but after running the JD for a day (I rented a 3520 w/overseeder) I was sold on the JD. It was so easy to operate and handled like a dream. I didn't even know I had been on a tractor for 8 hrs. at the end of the day. Just to make sure I went to my Kubota dealer, who is excellent by the way, and tried to find something comparable. The salesman found something close but the hydro pedal is hard to operate and the brakes are on the same side. I rode it around the parking lot which isn't a fair compare to running all day but I knew the JD was just better handling and easier to operate in my opinion. I love the Kubota brand and my next grass cutter will be a Kubota but as far as tractors go I feel I made the right move with the 3520.

/ JD 3520 Dimensions #9  
Just to make sure I went to my Kubota dealer, who is excellent by the way, and tried to find something comparable. The salesman found something close but the hydro pedal is hard to operate and the brakes are on the same side.

I have seen this complaint for many years about Kubota turn brakes being on the same side as the hydro pedal, but never asked a Kubota person about them. I also cannot understand how they are usable but there must be some way since that's where Kubota continues to put them. Are you supposed to heel-toe them or what? Can't see crossing a leg over to use them, so is there a Kubota owner out there that can tell me how they are usable? Just wanting to learn.

/ JD 3520 Dimensions #10  
The brakes and hst pedal on the kubota is the reason I ordered a deere today....I just couldnt get past that .