John Deere Gator 4x2

/ John Deere Gator 4x2 #21  
I had an EZ-go Workhorse 480. I was so dissatisfied with it that I sold it on E-Bay and bought a Mule 550. The Workhorse is still just a GOLF CART! The front tires rubbed the fenders on rough ground, it leaked oil, and changing the oil and filter was next to impossible. I bought it new from American Golf Cars in Plainville, KS. Their agent was Phil's Carts in Salina, KS. All I got was empty promises about making everything right, so I got disgusted and sold it. I had a Gator on demo for a week, and really liked it, but the Mule was cheaper. My vote is for the Mule or Gator. Your chances for dealer service will be a lot better too!

/ John Deere Gator 4x2 #22  
Hi Been there I really want to get the gator top for my John Deere any idea where I can buy one Thanks Tractor Frenzy

/ John Deere Gator 4x2 #23  
I have the 4x2 and and very pleased with it as a great machine to get around my 22 acres. I have not found a place it will not go in the woods (haven't tried to push any trees over with it and do not plan to). It is very smooth to ride in and I have never felt any roughness because it doesn't have rear suspension. The 8# of air in the tires give it a soft ride. It is also very stable and I let my grandchildren ride and drive it (with an adult as a copilot).
I have a cap on it, called a croc top. Looks like an alligator. Great for rain or sun but I wish I could learn to duck down a little more and quit hitting my head on the teeth!/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

I would really like to buy one of those gator tops any ideas where I might find one. TractorFrenzy

/ John Deere Gator 4x2 #24  
I bought my 550 Mule new, 11-12 years ago. JD & Kawasaki were the only ones available around here then. 550 & 4 wheeled Gator used the same (Kaw.) engine at that time. I just liked the features better on the Mule, mainly the bench seat over two separate seats (easier to slide in from either side). My little Mule has stood up to a lot of heavy use with very little problems over the years! ~~ grnspot110

I made my top from a piece of 1/4" recycled plastic, maybe not the neatest job, but it works well. Windshield is cut from 1/4" x 4' x 5' Lexan.

Attachments

• Pictures 076 - Copy.jpg
    Pictures 076 - Copy.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 188