Price Check Best price to ask for our 2720

/ Best price to ask for our 2720 #1  

labsrus

Bronze Member
Can I have a few opinions on what price we should put on our 2720?

It has the front end loader and 62''mmm. Only 51 hours - this is because we got a zero turn and a skid loader, so there was not much use for the JD 2720 any more.

Attachments

• IMG_4320.JPG
    IMG_4320.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 1,491
   / Best price to ask for our 2720 #2  
Can I have a few opinions on what price we should put on our 2720?

It has the front end loader and 62''mmm. Only 51 hours - this is because we got a zero turn and a skid loader, so there was not much use for the JD 2720 any more.

I would think maybe 2/3rds of what you paid new.

It's going to have to be a real good buy for the buyer because there are great deals and financing on new tractors.

/ Best price to ask for our 2720 #3  
Curious, as i've been looking for a 2520...how much and where are you located?

/ Best price to ask for our 2720 #4  
When I was looking to sell my X595 earlier this year, a local JD dealer told me to ask 70% of what I bought it new for and take 60%. This was good for equipment 10 years old or newer. This was his theory.

I researched what they were selling for on some different websites like ironsearch.com, etc. and based my price on those prices.

Good luck!

/ Best price to ask for our 2720 #5  
I have been looking for a 2720 with low hours and turf tires, please post when and where you are going to list your 2720.

Machineryfinder prices are usually a little high and E+BAY prices are typically a little low.

JMHO.

/ Best price to ask for our 2720
We are in York, Pennsylvania. Still thinking of an asking price but we did pay $21,000 for everything.

/ Best price to ask for our 2720 #7  
What year is it? Still under warranty? I sold my 2007 2320 with 120 hours on this summer for $11,750, it had a 200X loader and a 48" rotary cutter. I paid a little over $14k for it new. I bought new again because used machines were too expensive relative to the 0% financing offer and a 3 year warranty.

/ Best price to ask for our 2720 #8  
We are in York, Pennsylvania. Still thinking of an asking price but we did pay $21,000 for everything.

I suggest $16000 to start and see if you get any responses. Use Craigslist for York, Harrisburg, Lancaster and Hanover (maybe even Philly and Baltimore). There's also the "Community Paper" that gets distributed all around the York area.
Also, TBN's classifieds, of course.
This isn't a great time to sell a used tractor, unfortunately.

I reckon the obvious question is why did you buy it if you have a ZTR and Skid Loader?

/ Best price to ask for our 2720
Roy - We thought it would work for what we wanted to do - it did work but with all the things we have to do on the farm, we needed to find something alot faster. We bought the ZTR and skid loader after we had the JD 2720.

/ Best price to ask for our 2720 #10  
Roy - We thought it would work for what we wanted to do - it did work but with all the things we have to do on the farm, we needed to find something alot faster. We bought the ZTR and skid loader after we had the JD 2720.

OK...good luck in selling it.