Tractor
    JD 2520

Default 2520, Switching Between Loader and Front Blade

How quickly can I switch between the 200CX loader and the the quick hitch 54 inch blade on a 2520? Does the front quick hitch bracket have to be removed for the loader bucket to clear the front of the tractor? Also should I remove the backhoe with the blade attached since it could make the front very light or should I keep it on for the ballast?

Tractor
    John Deere 4110, 455

Default Re: 2520, Switching Between Loader and Front Blade

10 to 15 min tops to change over, faster after you do it a lot. Yes, the QH will need to be removed, but that is just one pin.
    KennyD
    www.boltonhooks.com

Bolt On Grab Hooks, Weld On Grab Hooks, Specialty Chain Accessories, Specialty Hydraulic Components.

Simple JDParts Tutorial HERE

Visit our YouTube Channel

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD X495 & JD2520

I also have a 2520 with the QH and 54" blade. You didn't mention it, but if you have a MMM, you will need to change over the front bracket that holds the front arm of the MMM, to the bracket that holds the front QH.

No big deal, but it seems a lot of folks don't realize there is one bracket for the MMM and a different one for the QH, so I just thought I would point that out in case you didn't already know.

REV

Tractor
    JD 2520

Quote Originally Posted by revitupfaster View Post
    I also have a 2520 with the QH and 54" blade. You didn't mention it, but if you have a MMM, you will need to change over the front bracket that holds the front arm of the MMM, to the bracket that holds the front QH.

No big deal, but it seems a lot of folks don't realize there is one bracket for the MMM and a different one for the QH, so I just thought I would point that out in case you didn't already know.

REV
    I have a Bob-Cat Fast-Cat Pro for mowing duty, so no MMM for me. Can you leave the quick hitch bracket on the front while the loader is on, or do have to remove it?

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD X495 & JD2520

Quote Originally Posted by BethesdaEC View Post
    I have a Bob-Cat Fast-Cat Pro for mowing duty, so no MMM for me. Can you leave the quick hitch bracket on the front while the loader is on, or do have to remove it?
    Since I have both the MMM and the front QH, I have 2 different removable brackets that fasten onto the front of the tractor frame. One holds the mower front arm, and the other is required when you mount the QH, which ultimately holds the blade, and has the hydraulic cylinders for up and down and angling the blade.

I'm sure there won't be enough room to leave the full QH assembly on with the FEL, but the bracket to which the QH is mounted should be OK. It's the QH itself that sticks out in front of the frame and would interfere with the loader.

I just got my 2520 in September, so have not switched it over for blade duty yet, but it looks like there should be enough room for the QH mounting bracket itself.

The pic shows the QH, with the bracket it mounts to in the upper right side of the photo.

REV
    REV
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -002-2-jpg