Buy 2305 now or wait for the new 1000 series ?

/ Buy 2305 now or wait for the new 1000 series ? #1  

taperk600

Just beginning my search for a SCUT and have pretty much narrowed it down. For Deere, it's obviously the 2305 as I need the smallest tractor that will take a backhoe for the places I need it to work for me. My question is, is it best to buy a 2305 now or wait until the new series of tractors comes out either next month or in Jan ?? Historically, has a new model release resulted in a price drop on the "old" models, even thought they are still brand new ? Or is the new 1000 series going to be that much better that I'm better off getting one of them anyway ?

/ Buy 2305 now or wait for the new 1000 series ? #2  
Just beginning my search for a SCUT and have pretty much narrowed it down. For Deere, it's obviously the 2305 as I need the smallest tractor that will take a backhoe for the places I need it to work for me. My question is, is it best to buy a 2305 now or wait until the new series of tractors comes out either next month or in Jan ?? Historically, has a new model release resulted in a price drop on the "old" models, even thought they are still brand new ? Or is the new 1000 series going to be that much better that I'm better off getting one of them anyway ?

What I know on the 10 series, they have way more "class" over the current 2305. It really depends. If your budget it tight, buying a 2305 now will result in a lower price as the dealers are clearing out their 2305's to make room for the 10 series. But if you want a LOT more options, wait for the 1026R. It will have fold-able ROPS, a fuel tank with a fender mounted cap, tilt steering wheel, drive over mower decks, better FELs and suspension seat to name a few. If I were you, I would wait.:)

/ Buy 2305 now or wait for the new 1000 series ? #3  
While at the dealership today closing on the X749 I inquired about the new 1023 and 1026. I was told that these new machines would come out in December, I would think that would be a very short wait for you. When the new models get to the dealerships you might get a better deal on the leftover 2305's. At least you could compare and choose what is best for you.

/ Buy 2305 now or wait for the new 1000 series ?
I think I will have to ask about "when" these are due in....I was just on the Deere site and you can't build a 2305 anymore....or at least every time I tried, it would switch the selected tractor (2305) to something different. That tells me they are very close to being on the lots. Time is on my side now I think.....as long as the 0% financing sticks around too .....

/ Buy 2305 now or wait for the new 1000 series ? #5  
Well, it will be soon, they are starting to show pictures of the 10 series, well, atleast one.:eek:

Attachments

• res_landing_gf1.jpg
    res_landing_gf1.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 443
   / Buy 2305 now or wait for the new 1000 series ? #6  
Tough one to call. The 2305 is pretty much"Bullet Proof" in my mind. It seems like with any new series that has a complete design change, (the 1000 series not being manufactured by Yanmar, instead by John Deere), you could have some "Lack of research & development issues". I will point out that the engine in the 1000 series tractors is still made by Yanmar.

/ Buy 2305 now or wait for the new 1000 series ? #7  
Anybody know anything about the pricing on the new series vs the 2305?

REV

/ Buy 2305 now or wait for the new 1000 series ? #8  
Anybody know anything about the pricing on the new series vs the 2305?

REV

I read somewhere that it was about $1,000 more but you will have to buy a different mower deck ($2,000+) and possibly other attachments....:confused2:

/ Buy 2305 now or wait for the new 1000 series ? #9  
Tough one to call. The 2305 is pretty much"Bullet Proof" in my mind. It seems like with any new series that has a complete design change, (the 1000 series not being manufactured by Yanmar, instead by John Deere), you could have some "Lack of research & development issues". I will point out that the engine in the 1000 series tractors is still made by Yanmar.

I agree, it might be nice but I never buy the first one out. I'd let the bugs work out, maybe until the spring or next summer at least.
If tomorrow they came out with a totally new 3x20 I'd still go with mine. Maybe a couple of years down the road I'd trade up. So you really can't go wrong unless you want to keep the thing until the polar shift. We all think that on our first tractor, mine lasted about 3 years before I traded up!
Rob

/ Buy 2305 now or wait for the new 1000 series ? #10  
We have not been happy with our 2305 and would look at the new model though I agree the first or even second year of a model can be problematic.

We opted to go with a different brand, but if you wish to stay with John Deere, I am sure there are other good options in the lineup that have a proven track record.

I also accept, we may have just gotten a lemon.