JD 4005 ?

/ JD 4005 ? #1  

wbyman

I am thinking about buying a new JD 4005 with fwd [replaced the JD 990] for 25 acres of food plots , just wanted some opinions on this tractor. I have a NH tc29 fwd now.

/ JD 4005 ? #2  
Have you looked at or considered a 5055E? Should cost about 25% more than the 4005 but would be much better suited for 25 acres of tillage. I would hesitate moving from a 2500 lb tractor to a 2900 lb tractor, these small incremental upgrades are very costly. Are you planning to reuse the smaller implements and is this the reason for the slight upgrade in tractor size?

/ JD 4005 ?
Yep, I will use the same equipment, the tractor I have now works OK just want something a little bigger and new. Lots of JD dealers in my area.

/ JD 4005 ? #4  
Your TC is Hydro correct? You want go to a gear machine?

/ JD 4005 ?
Nope , 9x3. , perfect tranny for food plots and that is the only time it leaves the shed.

/ JD 4005 ? #6  
Nope , 9x3. , perfect tranny for food plots and that is the only time it leaves the shed.

Yep, 9x3...but that's still a gear tractor (as opposed to HST). Good machine and probably well suited to your tasks.

/ JD 4005 ? #7  
I think that would be a very dependable, basic, tractor for your needs.

Reliable is another word that comes to mind.

Relatively affordable, too.

:thumbsup:

/ JD 4005 ? #8  
Just dropped the hammer on a new 4005. Great value for the $$. Going to pick it up this weekend!

/ JD 4005 ? #9  
Great, don't forget to post some pics.:thumbsup: