Price Check 54" front mount snow blower for a 2520

/ 54" front mount snow blower for a 2520 #1  

snyder_man

Tractor
JD 2520, JD425, Sold IH 244
I'm looking to purchase a 54" front mount snow blower to fit my JD 2520.
I have price quotes of $3600 and $3700 from serparate dealers.

This would inclulde the snowblower, front drive shaft, front quick hitch, front PTO and installation.

How much have you paid?

snyder_man

/ 54" front mount snow blower for a 2520 #2  
That unit will be nice to have in front of you when the snow piles up and the drifts blow in.

What are you using now?

/ 54" front mount snow blower for a 2520 #3  
Spyder,

From what I've seen, that really seems to be about the norm. They cost more than you think, and they'll work better than you think too.

/ 54" front mount snow blower for a 2520 #4  
I would say you are getting good priceing.

Man, to have a front blower....and a cab.!!......

/ 54" front mount snow blower for a 2520
"That unit will be nice to have in front of you when the snow piles up and the drifts blow in.

What are you using now?"

I was using a 50" Farmking/Buhler 3-point snowblower (see my avatar), I just sold it to super33 (a tractorbynet reader), so I could upgrade to a front mount. I need to clear a 600' gravel drive. The rear mount really did a good job but after I broke my shoulder, turning that manual crank while seated sideways was popping my shoulder in and out, thus I want to give the front mount a try.

/ 54" front mount snow blower for a 2520 #6  
"That unit will be nice to have in front of you when the snow piles up and the drifts blow in.

What are you using now?"

I was using a 50" Farmking/Buhler 3-point snowblower (see my avatar), I just sold it to super33 (a tractorbynet reader), so I could upgrade to a front mount. I need to clear a 600' gravel drive. The rear mount really did a good job but after I broke my shoulder, turning that manual crank while seated sideways was popping my shoulder in and out, thus I want to give the front mount a try.

How wide was your rear blower.??

I bet your shoulder will feel a lot better with that front blower.:thumbsup:

Good move and best wishes with it.

/ 54" front mount snow blower for a 2520 #7  
I will never understand rear blowers, other than being cheap. :laughing:

/ 54" front mount snow blower for a 2520 #8  
I will never understand rear blowers, other than being cheap. :laughing:

I think if you live in Maine or Wisconsin you will obviously use snow equipment enough to warrant the best setup. If you live in the lower latitudes you can get by with alot less. I am currently looking for some snow equipment but even in a ski town my locale I may be better off to consider a 3 pt blower for my rare use.

/ 54" front mount snow blower for a 2520 #9  
I think if you live in Maine or Wisconsin you will obviously use snow equipment enough to warrant the best setup. If you live in the lower latitudes you can get by with alot less. I am currently looking for some snow equipment but even in a ski town my locale I may be better off to consider a 3 pt blower for my rare use.

Steve... Are you near Taos.?? Do you ski.??

I live an hour from Sugarloaf. I love to ski but I get fatter and fatter every year.!!

/ 54" front mount snow blower for a 2520 #10  
Steve... Are you near Taos.?? Do you ski.??

I live an hour from Sugarloaf. I love to ski but I get fatter and fatter every year.!!

JDGG,
My sister had a ranch outside Taos years ago nice area, I live about 200 miles south of there. I grew up in New Orleans and moved out to NM in my early 40's never learned to ski.:ashamed:

I should mention that the 3 pt snowblower I am currently looking into is a pull type Erskine 78" model with hydraulic chute. Have you ever seen anyone with a 3 pt that you drive forward to use?