Used X320: What should I look for?

/ Used X320: What should I look for? #1  

sgoldste01

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere GT245
Hi, I'm thinking about buying a used X320 (for approximately the same price as a used X300; this forum convinced me that a used X320 is probably a better machine than a new X300 because of the K58 tranny).

One I'm looking at has 112 hours, and the other has 300 hours. I would assume that the 112-hour machine is a better way to go. But to confirm this, is there anything(s) in particular that I should be on the look-out for? Does this unit have any pattern failures or historically problematic components? Is there a way to check if these components are on their way out?

Thanks!

Steve

/ Used X320: What should I look for? #2  
Just make sure the carb is working properly. I had a lot of problems with the amchine backfiring when I would shut down and then starting sometimes on a hill because it was floading the carb.

/ Used X320: What should I look for?
I've found someone selling a used X320, with 112 hours, for $2700. Is that a good price, assuming the machine is in good condition?

/ Used X320: What should I look for? #4  
Just me but I would rather pay $2700 for a lightly used 320 than the same money for a new 300 since even though you can buy the new unit for $2500 you still have about $200 in taxes to bring it up to the same price.

Just me but I would rather pay $2700 for a lightly used 320 than the same money for a new 300 since even though you can buy the new unit for $2500 you still have about $200 in taxes to bring it up to the same price.

As it turns out, the used unit would be coming from a dealer, so I'll pay tax either way. I talked him down from $2700 to $2500 for the used X320. So the price and tax would be identical for the new X300 vs. the used X320.

Of course, I'll get a 4-year warranty with the new X300. The dealer told me that the X320 is a 2007 model.

/ Used X320: What should I look for? #6  
I'd buy the 320 with 112 hrs in good condition and never look back. Sure you may have an out of pocket expense but might not too. The larger 320 will mow your 1.2 acres a little faster too.\

Just remember what I said about the 300R, it is a superior bagger to either of these 300 or 320.

I guess I'm wondering how much better the K58 is than the K46. Some people on this forum seem to be saying that even the K58 is fairly light-duty, and not configured for easy service (fluid and filter changes).

If that's true, then does going with a used K58 vs. a new K46 really make sense?

/ Used X320: What should I look for? #8  
I think it does, but mind you I just bought a $14,ooo dollar setup and the tranny in the X749 is heavy duty. How much do you need for 1.2 acres? I think a 320 would give you the best bang for the buck, thats just me though.

/ Used X320: What should I look for? #9  
I would buy the x320 with some type of warranty from the dealer that way if there are any issues you are covered. With that few hours on it once you get it home and run it a few times if nothing is wrong you should be in good shape.

I think it is always best to buy the very best you can afford. If you feel the x320 is a better machine than you should buy it. If you feel the x300 is better buy that one.

/ Used X320: What should I look for? #10  
Have you compared your best price for a new 320 to this used 320 with 112 hrs? If the used mower has been cared for you should know this is a good deal for you. 112 hrs is very little time on a good mower. If the warranty is a big issue for you then pay the extra $1200 or so and get a new one.