John Deere 359 Snow Blower

/ John Deere 359 Snow Blower #1  

sweetair

Tractor
JD4020, JD3020, JD650, JD LA175
Hello,

Does anybody know where I can find a JD359 snow blower that would fit my JD650. I have been searching everywhere I can think of and have only found one in California (they would not ship it). Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

/ John Deere 359 Snow Blower #2  
They will probably be hard to find. I was lucky and found one a mile from me. Older fellow up the road was selling it off his daughters 650 because she could not get it mounted every season so she only rototilled with it. You will also need the front pto kit.

/ John Deere 359 Snow Blower #3  
i just bought a 359 to use on my 4300. i have to convert the gearbox to turn the correct way (359 uses a smaller input gear w/ and idler to change the output direction). the output gear is the same.

if you should happen to find a 59 blower, i could provide you w/ the 2 gears that i am removing for my conversion. they are fairly expensive new. i just got the case opened yesterday, and haven't gotten everything cleaned up and inspected, but initial impression is that the gears are still in good shape. if i recall, SOME of the 359's had the same gearbox as i need for the 4300.

as mentioned, the 359 was run off of a front pto on some models (not sure which ones).

/ John Deere 359 Snow Blower
I appreciate your help and advice. At this point (after searching for 2 years) I figure this is a lost cause. I am going to buy an attachment for my lawn mower.

Bob

/ John Deere 359 Snow Blower #5  
i've used a blower on my wheelhorse D-160 for a few yrs. then i got the JD 4300 this past march and thought it would be good to get one for it. started combing craigslist and local dealer equipment listings. only been searching for a month or 2, and found several 59 blowers available. i could have had a NOS model that fit the 4300 for $2500, but didn't want to spend that much. ended up w/ the 359 for $750, just need the new gear, make a driveshaft, and modify the mount. not counting time, i should be able to get it running for just over $1k. i also got a like new 3pt blower to use while i get the 359 ready.

still use the WH alot because i have a cab on it!

my point is, they are out there, just have to check craigslist/dealer sites every day...they go fast once listed.

/ John Deere 359 Snow Blower #6  
I have a 359 Snow Blower for sale, it has been stored in a dry building for over 20 years. have the frount PTO also off of a 650 JD. call and make an offer. I live in SE Ohio 614-395-8476.