Buying Advice John Deere 2320 / 2520 ??????

/ John Deere 2320 / 2520 ?????? #31  
My 2520 arrived Thursday as scheduled... The last one in stock at the dealer. Of course it was after 8:00pm before I got home from work, but I was able to drive it around and play with it for just a bit... Same for Friday. When it was delivered, the rep was quite nice and spent about 1.5 hours with my wife (who is no stranger to mowers and power grounds keeping - we already have a Deere mower). He was good enough to offer nice usage hints and some "what to do if " advice.

I should get some tractor time, tomorrow... It snowed today, but not enough to really try out the blade ( around 1 inch).

I believe I made a good choice. First impressions it extremely is extremely simple to operate and will be extremely useful... Now it is time to get some time on it and start looking at my next PTO implement purchase (will review existing threads for that one)..
Sure it was, can't find any pictures????????????

/ John Deere 2320 / 2520 ?????? #32  
Here's a few taken the night after delivery.

Have now gotten a few hours of seat time.

Attachments

• image-2796057537.png
    image-2796057537.png
    419 KB · Views: 809
  • image-1164949578.png
    image-1164949578.png
    469.5 KB · Views: 1,689
   / John Deere 2320 / 2520 ?????? #33  
Looks nice.

Where's your hood guard? The dealer forgot about mine until I reminded them that the 200CX loader description said that it was included.

Also, you should swap the rear tires so they are in the wide position. Otherwise, the MMM lift hardware can make contact with the inboard sidewalls and cut groves in them.

/ John Deere 2320 / 2520 ?????? #34  
Nice looking rig........I have a 2520 as well. I would look into the front grille guard.

I think if you price out the loader on the JD site, it does show the guard as being included as part of the Loader "Package" price, however, the guard can be deleted out of the package, which would then bring down the loader price. It's kinda like JD sort of suggests you buy the guard but it's not mandatory. I would guess that some dealers would not order the guard with the loader, which would enable them to quote a lower price. It's sort of misleading, so if the customer doesn't specify up front that he wants the guard, the dealer really isn't obligated to include it in his price.

I would also look into the "I" Match hitch. I bought one with my tractor, and at first really wasn't sure how much I would use it, as at this time I don't expect to be using much in the way of rear mount implements. I did however buy a JD Ballast box for extra rear traction when plowing snow, and it sure is nice to just back up to the box and hook it on right from the seat. Also provides a spot for me to carry my tow chains that I like to keep with me on the tractor.

Enjoy your tractor, I'm very happy with mine. I should have bought a FEL years ago, didn't know what I was missing.

REV

/ John Deere 2320 / 2520 ?????? #35  
DO NOT run it with no hood guard! You will end up smashing the front of the hood in, TRUST ME. My Grill Guard is all scratched up, and if it wasn't there, the damage would all be to my beautiful hood! Loader work WILL make you damage the front end, so just get it at any cost.

/ John Deere 2320 / 2520 ?????? #36  
Even with the hood guard, I still managed to dent the grille when pushing around some brush and tree limbs with the FEL. I think it's worth having, even at a modest price.

I bought the iMatch hitch with my 2520, and I love it. It not only makes connecting disconnecting the rear blade a breeze, but it also makes it easy to pick up the 62D deck and transport it.

/ John Deere 2320 / 2520 ?????? #37  
pdp11 said:
Even with the hood guard, I still managed to dent the grille when pushing around some brush and tree limbs with the FEL. I think it's worth having, even at a modest price.

I bought the iMatch hitch with my 2520, and I love it. It not only makes connecting disconnecting the rear blade a breeze, but it also makes it easy to pick up the 62D deck and transport it.

Thanks Deadman, PDP11 (I used to develop software on those) for advice on the hood guard... I will acquire one before I move into clearing brush and such. So far the only FEL work I've done is moving and turning a large compost pile.

At this time, I am not considering a mower deck. Anyone know the cost of the hood guard? The Deere site doesn't seem to provide pricing...

My next attachment will be a wood chipper!

/ John Deere 2320 / 2520 ?????? #38  
The grill guard will set you back just over $200. You should talk to the dealer though-the loaders almost always includes them.

/ John Deere 2320 / 2520 ?????? #39