New JD 1023E and 1026R

/ New JD 1023E and 1026R #111  
For just a little more money the 2520 is a better bargain than the 1026R. Here are just a few reasons why; much better hydraulics, much better lift capacity at the PTO, more "grunt power" (engine torque), and last but not least, more HP. You can get garden tractors that cost much less and also have much of the same features and power that the 1026R has. I really think the 2520 or 2720 are better and you get more "bang for the buck" with them than you do with these new series 1 tractors.

Like said in an earlier post, for some people the the 2520 is too big, tears up the ground a bit in the right conditions, takes up more storage. And yes the 2520 could do more work, lift more, and do it faster, but I am sure the new 1 series for someone that has a small acre or so of property would find the 2520 to be too big and two cumbersome. I like my little BX24 because I could roll onto someones property and not even hardly leave a dent in the grass, but with my 2520, you know I was there.

The "for a few dollars more" argument can be said for the 2520 to the 2720, and the only thing it ever does for me is get me into trouble with my wife. LOL I think you will find a lot of people that will want the smaller tractor. I'm sure JD already researched it or they wouldn't have invested the time and money in it. I am surprised that they spent time developing two machines in the series.

/ New JD 1023E and 1026R #112  
I think the new 1 series will fill the bill for alot of homeowners needs and should be a good seller considering the versatility of the units. I gave this alot of thought before ordering the x749 last winter and the aws mower was the winner for my uses. For the person with small jobs around their own property this will be a good machine to have. For those who intend to do any real dirt work they would be better off to upgrade the size of their machines, these small 1 series won't be able to do much in this area.

/ New JD 1023E and 1026R #113  
Like said in an earlier post, for some people the the 2520 is too big, tears up the ground a bit in the right conditions, takes up more storage. And yes the 2520 could do more work, lift more, and do it faster, but I am sure the new 1 series for someone that has a small acre or so of property would find the 2520 to be too big and two cumbersome. I like my little BX24 because I could roll onto someones property and not even hardly leave a dent in the grass, but with my 2520, you know I was there.

The "for a few dollars more" argument can be said for the 2520 to the 2720, and the only thing it ever does for me is get me into trouble with my wife. LOL I think you will find a lot of people that will want the smaller tractor. I'm sure JD already researched it or they wouldn't have invested the time and money in it. I am surprised that they spent time developing two machines in the series.
:thumbsup: I have a small horse farm of about 10 acres and I considered the 2520 too big for my needs. Better bang for the buck, sure but if you don't need it why spend the money. Doesn't make sense to me.

/ New JD 1023E and 1026R #114  
I think that the 1 series is going to do pretty good in the sub-compact market because of the new features they are equipped with. People are still going to compare it to other brands like the BX and GC tractors which are also very nice comparable units but i can see Deere holding top spot due to all the things they offer in their product that are not available in other brands products as of yet. I know that Kubota is working on a new BX series, but it will be interesting what features they will have that will hold up to par with the Deere. For many home owners whom just want a weekend tractor to mow the lawn, till the garden, and move around some top soil or mulch, the 1 series will fit the bill well. I am sure that if they had bigger projects in mind, the sales man at the dealership would steer the customer in the right direction for a little larger machine in the 2x20 or 3x20 tractors.

/ New JD 1023E and 1026R #115  
I just got my 1023E today. What a wonderful machine, with the loader and backhoe. I have a L110 for now for mowing (9 years old). Once that blows up, I'll get the mower deck for the 1023E. I have at most 1 acre of lawn, and another acre plus of woods to cut paths through and skid logs and so forth.