Thoughts on a John Deere 1120

/ Thoughts on a John Deere 1120 #1  

Jeep Guy

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 135; John Deere Lawn Tractor LA 145
Hi Everyone

Was curious on any stories from anyone that owned one of these, thoughts good, bad, or ugly on these tractors

/ Thoughts on a John Deere 1120 #2  
I think this is the Canadian or export version of the 1020, just renumbered.

/ Thoughts on a John Deere 1120 #3  
Hi Everyone

Was curious on any stories from anyone that owned one of these, thoughts good, bad, or ugly on these tractors

Just bought an 1120 ( 1969 vintage ) that seems in good shape. I have used it a few times with my 7' snowblower and am quite impressed with the power and how quiet it is and how well it handles. It is the model that was distributed in Canada and was built in Germany. It is similar to the 1020/1520 series that were built in the USA. It has 51 hp, 8 speeds ahead, 4 back and remotes, power steering etc. The repair manual for the 1020 series is very close to the 1120, but the I&T manuals are not specifically written for them. By the way I am in Ontario Canada, so there are a few of them around here.

Don

/ Thoughts on a John Deere 1120
Thanks for the information and replying back, at the time I was considering a JD 1120 but later found out that it had almost 6200 hrs on it, was a dealer (Kubota), and think that this and a few other JD's were bought from auction in the US. It was a possible second choice to a JD 950 that I was looking at and did put an offer on it but we couldn't come to a mutually agreed upon price. Was also looking at a Massey Ferguson 135 diesel with a snowblower that was going for the same price that I wanted the JD 950 just the tractor, so I went with the Massey. Used it this weekend and it worked really well, can really heave the snow farther than I can with the fiberglass scoope shovel and easier on my back as well. Took less than 1 hr instead of 4 and 1/2 hours...am in Ontario as well though we have managed to miss all the big snow dumps this year fortunately and odd everywhere around us got hit, but am better prepared now as this is the first winter in the new diggs