970 to 4320??

/ 970 to 4320?? #11  
My neighbor has an 870 (25hp at PTO). He has no problems with an old style wheel rake and tedder. When you say mow are you talking hay or grass? If hay it all depends on what you are using a 6 foot sickle bar most likely, a MOCO no way. If you go to the JD web-site and look at the manuals, they will often tell you what size tractor is needed. Also on the JD web-site pick a tractor and often you can see what attachments the tractor will handle.

On speed if you are talking grass, not pushing Woods, but you can find their manuals online and see what speeds they recommend. PRD7200 6 foot finishing mower I think they say not to go over 5 mph. Also the manuals normally says max. tractor size. 6 foot mower going 4.5 mph, some over lap, you should be able to do 3 acres an hour if my math is right. 8 foot mower 4 acres an hour.

I am with Roy on the tires. Nothing level in VA. A friend has a 4720 with R4s and leaves more marks then my 5210 with R1s, but he often needs 4wd, when I do not. I avoid cutting wet grass and in the winter if I need to go on the yard, do it when the ground is still frozen in the morning.

/ 970 to 4320??
We have turfs on our 970 and it does not tear up the lawn....lots of flat here. We put chains on in the winter for plowing. The 4320 will rake and ted during hay season, and give the scags a break in the summer. I'm going for the 400x loader because i dont need the auto leveling feature, and having the extra lift will be a bonus. Main question is, how happy will i be with an 8' grooming mower over my 60" scag. Again, i am trying to condense our equiptment.

My neighbor has an 870 (25hp at PTO). He has no problems with an old style wheel rake and tedder. When you say mow are you talking hay or grass? If hay it all depends on what you are using a 6 foot sickle bar most likely, a MOCO no way. If you go to the JD web-site and look at the manuals, they will often tell you what size tractor is needed. Also on the JD web-site pick a tractor and often you can see what attachments the tractor will handle.

On speed if you are talking grass, not pushing Woods, but you can find their manuals online and see what speeds they recommend. PRD7200 6 foot finishing mower I think they say not to go over 5 mph. Also the manuals normally says max. tractor size. 6 foot mower going 4.5 mph, some over lap, you should be able to do 3 acres an hour if my math is right. 8 foot mower 4 acres an hour.

I am with Roy on the tires. Nothing level in VA. A friend has a 4720 with R4s and leaves more marks then my 5210 with R1s, but he often needs 4wd, when I do not. I avoid cutting wet grass and in the winter if I need to go on the yard, do it when the ground is still frozen in the morning.

/ 970 to 4320?? #13  
the 400cx loader has 25-30% more lifting capacity than the 400x.

/ 970 to 4320?? #14  
roy, i think his neighbors give him odd looks no matter what he is doing:laughing:

/ 970 to 4320?? #15  
   / 970 to 4320??
Decided on the 4320 w/ehydro, remote hyd, block heater and the 400x loader. After reviewing all the grooming mowers, went with the Land Pride 90" mower. Should be a nice upgrade to what we have had.

/ 970 to 4320?? #18  
Decided on the 4320 w/ehydro, remote hyd, block heater and the 400x loader. After reviewing all the grooming mowers, went with the Land Pride 90" mower. Should be a nice upgrade to what we have had.

Wow...Did I just read what I thought I read.??

Congratulations.!! What a rig.:thumbsup:

/ 970 to 4320??
Tractor came to 26,450...loader w/heavy duty bucket and front edge was 4850 and the LP was 5000....36,300 before tax. Shopped around quite a bit and this was the best deal and was nearby.

/ 970 to 4320??
Wow...Did I just read what I thought I read.??

Congratulations.!! What a rig.:thumbsup:

Thanks!! Cant wait to hammer around the yard with that big 90 behind me. Also, with the help of my dad, found a great deal on a soft cab on ebay (Type this item number in -- 200535721113 ) For 1600$ (including canopy), i'll be riding in comfort next winter.