Do I save money buying the loader at the same time?

/ Do I save money buying the loader at the same time? #1  

Cowboy3008

I'm considering a 4120 and it would be easier financially to wait until late summer to get the FEL.
From your buying experience, do you save money getting both at the same time?

/ Do I save money buying the loader at the same time? #2  
You'll wish you had gotten it right from the start - it's a very useful tool on these machines. Probably a little money to be saved by getting it initially. Plus, if you do a factory financing deal - it's all bundled.

Last edited:
   / Do I save money buying the loader at the same time? #3  
I would think that you should get a better deal as packaged together. Ken Sweet

/ Do I save money buying the loader at the same time? #4  
you better get the loader with your tractor right off,an be done with it.i was thinking the samething as you to save money.but my buddy an salesmen had me convinced to get it right off,because the price was most likely going up after the new year.so talked to my mom about the loader an she said go ahead an get it,because she knew i was just trying tobe cheap.

/ Do I save money buying the loader at the same time? #5  
I wouldn't want to deal with the inconvenience of loading the tractor and hauling it back to the dealer, then home again. And, there's the down time involved.

/ Do I save money buying the loader at the same time? #6  
1) unless buying used, it will only cost more later
2) if factory does any of the install, loader prep, hydraulics, mounts frames, hood guard etc. It will be less than dealer install.
3) travel cost
4) sometimes there are package deals, maybe $s off on other attachemnts when buying tractor with loader

/ Do I save money buying the loader at the same time? #7  
Probably not as big an issue with simple loader mounts like what is on the 3000 and 4000 series tractors. But on the more complex loader mounts like say the 500 series loaders once the model changes the mounts are only available for a short time (as a sales bundle)and then you pay 2-3x's more for mountsfrom the parts counter. Again it is probably not an issue here but like mentioned above there is multiple price increases from all equip mfg's a year.

/ Do I save money buying the loader at the same time? #8  
Yes, the dealer can "bundle" it in at the time of tractor purchase for a good price. That said, you could buy it later. I did. I pushed hard and got the loader 10 months later at the same price. It really helped that the dealer had one in a crate out back. That's key, I think. How easy will be be to get one later? Does the dealer "stock" this loader?

These are the questions. If he has to go out of his way to truck one in, you won't be getting any deals later on, I wouldn't think.

As for installing, well it depends on the model. My BX was all prepped with the quck connect hydro block. Installing it was pretty straight forward. Air gun and maybe 8 bolts on the frame brackets? After that, it isn't any different than taking your FEL on and off, which most of us do with regularity. Of course, not all loaders are quick disconnect. Hope that information helped some.

/ Do I save money buying the loader at the same time? #9  
The 400x & 400CX FELs are both quick connect, all you have to do is install the two loader mounts on each side, the rest is already on the FEL. IMO i would get it with the FEL, as a package deal, rather than paying more later. Believe me, i have a tractor without a FEL since i couldn't afford the FEL when i got the tractor and every day i use my tractor i wish i had a FEL. :(

/ Do I save money buying the loader at the same time? #10  
You will like the 400cx Self Leveling loader