Price check on john deere x520

/ Price check on john deere x520 #1  

Johndeerex728

Silver Member
Tractor
John deaf x728
How much money would I be able to make on selling the machine to my dealer. When I bought it it's list price was $8,995.99 and it is $6,995.99 so how much could I really make if were to sell him back.

/ Price check on john deere x520 #2  
I don't know how many threads you'll open to ask (for all intents and purposes) the same question...but the answer you want isn't here. You need to ask your dealer.
My guess is he'll take it on consignment, ask you your bottom dollar and take a 10% sales commission.

If you want a guess, I'd say you see an offer of $4000-$4500 tops.

/ Price check on john deere x520 #3  
I agree with Roy. I'm also betting you are going to be sorely disappointed. Sounds like the dealer sold it to you at a premium as well...which will magnify the trade in difference. Get ready to bend over....

/ Price check on john deere x520 #4  
When I bought it it's list price was $8,995.99 and it is $6,995.99
I still don't believe that first price:cool:
If you payed $8,995.99 for a X520, I feel very sorry for you.:confused2:

/ Price check on john deere x520
Yeah I know the price was messed up when I boughtnit

/ Price check on john deere x520 #6  
You can buy a x520 at JD website right now for $6159.00 (after 500 rebate). My dealer always is way under what the JD site sells them for and trade in after the first year will lose around 20% value in great condition. I think you will have a hard time getting a dealer to allow $4500 on the x520.

/ Price check on john deere x520 #7  
Yeah I know the price was messed up when I boughtnit

So your saying that you paid $9000 for a $7000 machine. To start off didn't you check on line for the retail price, you obviously know how to use a computer?
Second, even if you didn't shop online, didn't you at least go to a couple of different dealers to check out the competitions prices? Were they all charging $2000 over list?
And lastly, I have been to many different JD dealers, and the most I have ever seen a sticker on a tractor for, was for the same price you would find on the JD site, and that would be considered high. There is no possible way any dealer would try and sell a tractor for $2000 OVER retail. I know I would never shop at a dealer who tried that, and don't think many others here would either.
Somethings very wrong here, and the other 2 or 3 threads that you've posted the same question, but I'll play along. Anyway I'm curious to see how you answer this one.

/ Price check on john deere x520 #8  
Well, he hasn't posted on this thread for 6 days:confused:
Whats that tell ya;)

KB9UDE said:
You can buy a x520 at JD website right now for $6159.00 (after 500 rebate). My dealer always is way under what the JD site sells them for and trade in after the first year will lose around 20% value in great condition. I think you will have a hard time getting a dealer to allow $4500 on the x520.

I think I will use what I got for while.

Carl Bert said:
So your saying that you paid $9000 for a $7000 machine. To start off didn't you check on line for the retail price, you obviously know how to use a computer?
Second, even if you didn't shop online, didn't you at least go to a couple of different dealers to check out the competitions prices? Were they all charging $2000 over list?
And lastly, I have been to many different JD dealers, and the most I have ever seen a sticker on a tractor for, was for the same price you would find on the JD site, and that would be considered high. There is no possible way any dealer would try and sell a tractor for $2000 OVER retail. I know I would never shop at a dealer who tried that, and don't think many others here would either.
Somethings very wrong here, and the other 2 or 3 threads that you've posted the same question, but I'll play along. Anyway I'm curious to see how you answer this one.

True and my dealer only wants to give 6 gran for it so i think I will use what I got