Buying Advice John Deere compared to Kubota

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #21  
I would like some of the features on the John Deere, even after being a happy ownere of a Kubota for a few years. I wish I had the steering brakes (snow, and ice mostly, but sometimes in the woods too), and I wish I had the position control since I would use that more than I thought I would. I like some things better on the Kubota too so either choice is a good one. If you think you will need tire chains, for example, make sure they are available, and recommended for the tractor you choose. Some things that seem obvious aren't so with these smaller tractors.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #22  
Everything you here is correct. I have 1 of each, and like and dislike different things on each. I have worked mine side by side, and there are few performance differences. Some will tell you that the ergonomics are better on 1 or the other, but only you can determine which you like best. Although, I do notice that K has put a lot of the JD ergonomics into their Grand L series. JD is finally, but slowly, starting to switch to the universal quick connect on the FEL which K has had for years.
Test drive
Test drive
Test drive is the only way you will be able to make a decision, other than the dealer that you like.
The only way you can really go wrong is buying 1 that isn't the correct size for what you want to do.
Good luck.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #23  
I have a 4610 and love it so far. I'll never have a tractor without hst after using one. I really wish it had the jd brake setup on the left side, I miss this from the other tractors I have used.

I was dead set on buying a jd 4520 or 4720 (used) which my neighbor has and i was able to test out a bit, i really liked it. when i asked his opinion he said that and he has bought nothing but brand new deeres his whole life, and that each one he bought he has had more problems with he was saying that he has about 2000 hours on it at the time. His opinion was that he wouldn't buy another one but most likely this will be his last tractor anyways. This was just my neighbors opinion on his experience and keep in mind he has never owned anything but Deere.
I really think a lot of what makes one tractor good or bad is how you run the equipment. I'm not brand loyal and, in fact, just bought a John Deere backhoe. However that isn't anything like the smaller tractors anyhow. I will still consider Deere or other tractor when I upgrade though even though I really do respect my neighbors opinion, however, I'm sure there are just as many kubota owners that say the same thing.
They are both great manufacturers and kubota isn't better than Deere or Deere isn't better than kubota, it's all personal preference, just like the ford vs chevy debate.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #24  
I sympathize with anyone that is buying their first tractor, and trying to sort through all the differences between brands, and the cost of each.

Many of the features/differences between the various models offered, won't mean diddley squat to a "new" buyer, and for sure he won't know if that particular feature/difference will really mean anything to him in the real world until he actually has put in some seat time and used the equipment. And this "seat time" will not be gained by a spin around the dealers lot.

In the SCUT/CUT world, my opinion is that JD & K are the biggest players, and both brands hold their value very well, inasmuch as what anyone should expect for used equipment. Both JD & K are also well respected brands, and I don't think the first time buyer can go very far wrong with either.

Check out each and see what fits you best. Try to determine what you think you want to do with the tractor and ask each dealer what machine you should be looking at. Sit on each and test drive. Operate the various features, to at least try and get a "feeling" as to which one fits you best.

Check out the dealer. It shouldn't take long to get a feeling as to whether he is trying to just sell you something or is really trying to help you get something you will be happy with.

I personally own JD, and I did check out the others, but the JD was the one that fit me the best, but hey....there are all shapes and sizes out there. You really can't go very far wrong with either brand.

REV

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #25  
If someone is sold on JD for whatever reason, the best thing to do would be to find out which manufacturer supplies that model or assembly parts to John Deere and buy it directly from the manufacturer. I think Yanmar (a respected brand) is one of JD's suppliers for example. You should save quite a bit of cash.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #26  
My dealer sells both green and orange, as you can see from my picture went green. I just liked the pedal configuration and loader stick set up better. Am very happy with my choice, so alot of your choice goes back to what feels right for you.test drive them all..I think the major colors green, orange, red and blue all make good tractors...good luck with your search

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #27  
If someone is sold on JD for whatever reason, the best thing to do would be to find out which manufacturer supplies that model or assembly parts to John Deere and buy it directly from the manufacturer. I think Yanmar (a respected brand) is one of JD's suppliers for example. You should save quite a bit of cash.

Maybe I missed a post but I'm not following this. Are you saying to buy all of the parts and build your own tractor? Or just talking about repairs?

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #28  
I will say one thing, I test drove both the 2305 and BX25. The JD was much more comfortable than the BX, for me. But the Kubota dealer was much more willing to deal, but couldn't match my price for a GC equally equipped. I also feel that the hydraulics are a bit stronger and much more quiet than the Kubota and JD, that is why I chose MF. Kubota and JD have a strong reputation for quality equipment so don't worry, pick what suits you, and relax, you will not be disappointed either way.:thumbsup:

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #29  
I have owned 3 of each and have good and bad experiences with both.
I shop hard both colors and consider them both top shelf machines! You will not go bad with John Deere or Kubota, but you may go bad with the dealer so pick the seller very carefully.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #30  
I will say one thing, I test drove both the 2305 and BX25. The JD was much more comfortable than the BX, for me. But the Kubota dealer was much more willing to deal, but couldn't match my price for a GC equally equipped. I also feel that the hydraulics are a bit stronger and much more quiet than the Kubota and JD, that is why I chose MF. Kubota and JD have a strong reputation for quality equipment so don't worry, pick what suits you, and relax, you will not be disappointed either way.:thumbsup:

I never could get a quote from the MF dealer...

Being in a large metro area actually makes it harder to shop for tractors...

One thing I learned is shopping for a tractor is a lot different than car shopping...