Buying Advice John Deere compared to Kubota

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #1  

rarvesen

I'm new to tractors. How come you choose John Deere over Kubota? I'm not trying to start a war like Ford vs. Chevy, I honestly don't know very much and I'm trying to learn more. I have heard that Kubota is as good as John Deere but around 10% cheaper for the equivalent tractor, I'm not sure if that is true or not. In my area, I have Kubota and John Deere dealers and both have good reputations.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #2  
Who has the better reputation?

/ John Deere compared to Kubota
Who has the better reputation?

Thanks, that is a good question, but hard to quantify, since I have only spoken to a small number of people that have dealt with each dealer. But I plan to look into this more. Are you saying that the tractors are pretty equivalent, and it comes down to the dealer?

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #4  
You will find them to both be an extremely desirable and top drawer tractor. There are differences in the way the controls work and you might see if you have a preference, if any. Most folks don't know what they don't know.

Then, see if there is a price difference in comparable tractors and see if that difference turns you off one and on to the other. Just be really sure you are comparing apples to apples.

Finally, spend some time at both dealerships. Watch the parts counter person and see if you can take a peak, or arrange for a quick tour of the repair facility. This will also help you see which dealership you might prefer.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #5  
This oughtta get interesting. :)

I prefer to own both. ;)

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #6  
I noticed you don't have MF in the mix;). Dealers not nearby? Or, is it just MF is in the TOP class all by itself?:laughing:

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #7  
I'm new to tractors but did visit Kubota, Massey and Mahindra dealerships. I was also going to go to JD but after speaking with the local K dealer I was sold on their commitment to the consumer {me :)}So I guess the moral of this story is find a few tractors that meet your needs and budget, then purchase the dealer.

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #8  
I was in the same situation a few years ago and was leaning towards Deere.

My problem was I literally couldn't get the time of day from the 3 Deere Dealers I visited.

The secretary at one apologized because I had called ahead... she said it was Harvest time and she was the only one there... at another, only the parts man was there.

When I'm planning a spending a large amount of money (To Me) it would go a long way to be at least able to get information.

The Kubota Dealer was a little farther away and had lots of small tractors on the lot... the Deere Dealers didn't stock subcompacts and anything would have to be ordered.

A few years prior, I had bought a CAT D3 from a Deere Industrial Equipment Dealer and part of the reason is the salesman was very helpful and wanted to make the deal even when I told him I was only at the looking stage.

The reality is there are several Manufacturers with the right product... in my case, it came down to the local Dealer...

/ John Deere compared to Kubota #10  
People are very happy with both brands. Few are dissappointed.

It really comes down to you shopping around and sitting on the different tractors that appeal to you. Test drive whenever possible.

Some of the things you should consider is horsepower, weight of the tractor, hydro or gear transmission, features and ergonomics. For example, is the loader easily taken off the tractor or not.?? Are you good with a clutch.?? What are the tasks you will be performing...mowing or haying.?? Snowblowing.?? Moving a lot of gravel or field work.?? On and on and on....

Get serious in your mind about what sort of tasks you are going to ask of the tractor. This will point you to the size and features of the tractor that best fits you.

Oh, and don't get sucked in to thinking Kubota is 10% less than Deere. Find out for yourself. It could be the other way around. Some will say Kioti is better than Kubota and less $$$$$.

Find out for yourself....you may up buying a Mahindra.??

And, as stated above...be sure to compare tractors that are comparable. It can get confusing so take your time and study the specs. Have the dealer point out the different lines of each brand.

Lots of good tractors out there and Kubota and Deere aren't the only ones.

Best of luck in your search.