John Deere 4105, USED COST ?

/ John Deere 4105, USED COST ? #1  

goochy

Silver Member
Looking at 4 different tractors , new vs used . 2005 l3130 Kubota FST with back hoe used , 2010 L3700 HST NEW , 2009 L3400 HST used ,and 2008 JD 4195 HST , ALL have FEL s.

All are around $16,000- $16,500

The John Deere is a 4105 HST , 300CX FEL quick attatch loader / bucket , 278 hrs , 2008 with all service records from local shop , New 2011 is $22,300 The 2008 model is $16,200 after a hr of talking :laughing:. I like the HP of the Deer . Its alittle big for what I need , but the L3400s are on the smaller side . I did love the L3400 with a 5 ft Dura Grader last week . I drove the Deere today , like new , not even been cleaned up yet , still looks almost new . I also talked to the owner after he traded it in on bigger tractor . So is $16,200 NO TAX a great deal ? Dealer said it was a smoking deal ? Any problems with the JD 4105s ? Thanks for help .

/ John Deere 4105, USED COST ? #2  
Go look under the L3800 Kubota etc. My 1910 Ford, the transmission housing is broke were it is necked down (up) for the clutch shaft. The Kubota has the same casting design. Then look under the 3130. It is much more solid looking??
While you are fooling around, somebody is going to buy the tractor you are looking at. The price is low enough that you could resell it, and make a profit.

/ John Deere 4105, USED COST ?
Go look under the L3800 Kubota etc. My 1910 Ford, the transmission housing is broke were it is necked down (up) for the clutch shaft. The Kubota has the same casting design. Then look under the 3130. It is much more solid looking??
While you are fooling around, somebody is going to buy the tractor you are looking at. The price is low enough that you could resell it, and make a profit.
'

So you think the smaller BH tractor ( L3130 ) is better than the 40 hp newer Deer? I just do not think 30 HP will suit me . All newer tractors are better than what I have now .

/ John Deere 4105, USED COST ? #4  
Goochy,

Do you have a need for mid PTO? If so, you better confirm the tractors you are considering have this capability.

In other posts you mentioned a backhoe. If needed, what size do you anticipate needing. The 4105 might not accept anything larger than a 7.5 foot backhoe. You'll need to do some research if the backhoe is important.

All the used tractors seem like good buys. Even if you buy one and later learn it is not correct for your needs, you'll likely be able to sell it with minimal or no loss.

I have NO real need for BH , I would use it , I have a few projects that I could use it for . I am just looking for a HST tractor that will pull 6 ft equipment . I think HST tranny is most important to me , then HP . Wanted a 35 hp MIN . I am just lost shopping for tractors

No need for mid mt PTO

Last edited:
   / John Deere 4105, USED COST ? #6  
I have a GL3130 Gear tractor with loader and ind tires. I bought it new and have worked the snot out of it. It is a very stout tractor weighing in at 3200 lbs dry. I have the tires loaded and this tractor is a dirt moving machine, being very agile at the same time. All my equipment is 5' including a new Howse tiller, it handles it all well. I have enjoyed the Grand L features especially the sliding 3 point arms. Although being only 32 hp it would not be a good tractor for your 6' attachments.

I guess I am ONLY going to look at 35-40 HP tractors with HST shift . I am wanting to buy 1 more tractor in my lifetime . Buying one to keep .

/ John Deere 4105, USED COST ? #8  
goochy,

I would go get the 4105 before someone else does.

goochy,

I would go get the 4105 before someone else does.

I have not read much about them . How do they hold up ? It did great in parking lot . I was glad to meet the owner after he traded it in . I have ALL the service records , he paid $22,500 for it with FEL . They are friends that own shop, so they gave me everything about it . The leading edge on bucket still has paint on it :confused2:. I am afraid it might be to big , just to do small grading jobs , but I am use to my Ford 3000 about the same size . New L3700 Kubota for $16,500 or used JD 4105 for $16,200 . They are asking $16,900 he just gave me the best price he could .

/ John Deere 4105, USED COST ? #10  
I have not read much about them . How do they hold up ? It did great in parking lot . I was glad to meet the owner after he traded it in . I have ALL the service records , he paid $22,500 for it with FEL . They are friends that own shop, so they gave me everything about it . The leading edge on bucket still has paint on it :confused2:. I am afraid it might be to big , just to do small grading jobs , but I am use to my Ford 3000 about the same size . New L3700 Kubota for $16,500 or used JD 4105 for $16,200 . They are asking $16,900 he just gave me the best price he could .

Don't know how small the grading jobs are but I can tell you I get my tractors in some tight spaces. Very rarely do I find them to be too big for my jobs, but the X749 fills in around tight groups of trees when size is an issue.

That is a simple but dependable tractor and sounds like a good deal for the money.

FWIW, a new 4105 with 300CX fel and bucket is 25,000+ msrp

Last edited: