2210 Shipment Delay

/ 2210 Shipment Delay #1  

mhalla

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2210
Has anyone else had their order of a 2210 delayed waiting on the R1 bar tires? My dealer called this week to inform me that the 2210 I ordered the end of November won't be shipping for about two more weeks until JD has R1 bar tires available for the tractor. If I had ordered a 2210 with R3 turf tires there would not have been a delay.

Is anyone else experiencing this sort of delay or can anyone confirm this in some way?

/ 2210 Shipment Delay #2  
I heard that the demand is very high, and filling the orders is more difficult than had been expected. Hope the delay isn't too long for you. Really disappointing to have to wait for toys, especially when they are supposed to be here for Christmas. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ 2210 Shipment Delay #3  
My order was placed on December 23rd and I was told today it would be the end of January with turfs. One thing the dealer's administrative assitant told me is that production shuts down for almost two weeks over the holidays. I understand everbody in production and planning returns to work on Monday, January 6. I'm sure that has something to do with seasonal delays, if it is true. I don't think she had any reason to make up a story. I'm sure I'll start getting antsy in a couple of weeks.

/ 2210 Shipment Delay #4  
<font color=blue>...My order was placed on December 23rd ...</font color=blue>

Hi Pete,

Congrats! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif I remember when I first met ya here on TBN... and telling ya to be careful... (not knowing your experience level...)

By the way... exactly what do you do in govt...?

/ 2210 Shipment Delay #5  
I think that JD is playing conservative with the ecomony. I think that production has probably been reduced and they are holding inventories tight to reduce overhead... I just recieved my 110 after 2.5 months. I also think that the JDs might be ahead of the pack on technological refinements and customers are reacting more quickly than they anticipated. All in all, if they can keep from angering buyers, their strategy is probably good business in these uncertain times.

/ 2210 Shipment Delay #6  
I recall touring the Augusta, GA plant set-up to produce the 4000 series, and hearing that it was planned to produce 13,000 tractors annually (1999?). The first full year of production was around 44,000 just to keep up with the demand and it didn't let up. They apparently added the second and third shift as well as eventually taking over the 5000 series portion of the plant, which I hear now has its own operation in another part of town. A successful product can be tough on more than just the customers, but probably what they strive to achieve.