is a jd4600 powerreverser a syncro trany??

/ is a jd4600 powerreverser a syncro trany?? #1  

BWS

Silver Member
Tractor
kubota l3830 hst/723 fel
looking at a new 4600 a dealer has and cant get a brochure on it cause its a couple years old.any body know if this is a full sycro trany??any input on this model??

/ is a jd4600 powerreverser a syncro trany?? #2  
Yes, the trans is full syncro. I had a 4600 2WD with collar shift (unsyncro). The tractor had plenty of power. I now have a 4610 MFWD ehydro. Even with the hydro, it still has plenty of power.

Billy

/ is a jd4600 powerreverser a syncro trany?? #3  
Your high, middle, and low range are not synchro but your 1-4 gear range is synchro.

/ is a jd4600 powerreverser a syncro trany?? #4  
Looking at my 4000 series brochure, it's just like cowboydoc said, The gears are synchro, the range isn't and the reverser is clutchless. The range thing isn't a big deal either as one would only change ranges once or twice in a whole day, in my experience at least.

/ is a jd4600 powerreverser a syncro trany?? #5  
I have a 4600 with power reverser and if you want a good tractor that will do things that you never thought a tractor of that size could do then buy it and do not look back. The MX6 brush cutter is a sweet match along with the 460 FEL, (but only if the 4600 is 4WD) even though it is not required. Also have the dealer install the extendable links, you will love em.
Oh and by the way the 4-speed tranny is fully synch. (shift on the fly). The low, mid and high range are not.