Heavy Duty 60" Rotary Broom

/ Heavy Duty 60" Rotary Broom #1  
:anyone:Dont hear much discussion about brooms, has anyone bought or have one on thier 2305 or 2520? We are picking our 2520 this week and that is part of the package. Thanks for any insight.:anyone:

/ Heavy Duty 60" Rotary Broom #2  
I always wanted one the videos I seen on youtube looked good

/ Heavy Duty 60" Rotary Broom #3  
I have a Buhler 60" rotary broom. Its great for tailoring the edges of the driveway to bring back gravel and to perfect runoff areas to prevent concentrated flow patterns. Very controllable for moving dirt and gravel. I may try it for snow next year.
larry

/ Heavy Duty 60" Rotary Broom #4  
fitz
What do you plan to use the broom for?

I have one, but don't find a lot of use for it.
The gravel along the drive until I blacktopped it, as mentioned.
Broom parts of the lawn under the hickory trees to pick up the shucks from the nuts.
Broom off the blacktop after a wild storm that knocks off leaves and sticks.
Sometimes broom the snow off the drive if conditions are just right.

They are tough to get set right, so not being too light to skip and miss, and not being too heavy to wear the bristles quickly.

/ Heavy Duty 60" Rotary Broom #5  
I have a 60" broom for my 2520, it works awesome!!

/ Heavy Duty 60" Rotary Broom #6  
I have the older 51" broom for my 4115. I can move up to 3" of snow with it quite well (have done it many times) and they aren't that hard to set up correctly. you just need to know the right way to do it. Having a manual helps a lot in that regard. Once set up correctly, you can use it for all sorts of stuff including cleaning debris from your lawn without damaging it. IMO, it is a lot more useful, year round attachment than the 2 stage snow blower.