/ DOSENT SOUND RIGHT #1  

Army grunt

Platinum Member
Tractor
TC 30 Newholland
JOHN DEERE 4120 TRACTOR LOADER 4WD 143 HOURS - $4800
Date: 2011-04-18, 10:48AM EDT
Reply to: sale-zuqcg-2329804997@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

John Deere 4120 4 wheel drive tractor with John Deere 400x removable loader. This machine includes a boxblade and a Deere Imatch quick hitch for the 3 point hitch! The 2006 machine has only 143 hours and runs and works the best! Never damaged or touched up. Tractor was JUST SERVICED and needs nothing!
COULD THIS REALLY BE RIGHT?
Army Grunt

/ DOSENT SOUND RIGHT #2  
2 good 2 B true :)

Check it out. But don't hand over any money till you're sure!

/ DOSENT SOUND RIGHT #3  
I just flagged that on Craig's List in about 12 locations.Use serachtempest to check for multiple listings for same unit.SCAM SCAM SCAM
Don't reply ..looking to harvest email addresses.

/ DOSENT SOUND RIGHT #4  
x2 fishing for email....SCAM
I see those CL ads around here all the time. They always post in multiples using surrounding communities. I always flag them.

/ DOSENT SOUND RIGHT #5  
oh, i see that ad is going around again. major fake ad. the same ad was going around a few months ago.

/ DOSENT SOUND RIGHT #7  
its back, just chased em off craiglist:

TRACTOR~2OO6~JOHN~DEERE~4120~WITH~TRAILER~PACKAGE-- GREAT MACHINE ***ei - $5243 (Las Cruces)

/ DOSENT SOUND RIGHT #8  
It's amazing how much time and effort people put into this crap trying to scam someone. Here in Canada we have the trader.ca, which you used to have to pay for a listing. With the competition of kijiji and craigslist they changed their model as well to free listing's.

I can go on there now an find a dozen fake scam ads at any point in time. They are easy to spot and almost comical as some will show the pictures with palm trees in the background but it is for sale here in New Brunswick. I can also guarantee that if you post an ad you will get either an email or lately a text from some moron with this big story how they work on an oil rig or something but want to buy your vehicle, blah, blah, blah.

I figure it would be easy technically to weed this stuff out by scoring the post somehow and flag for review the ones with highscore.

Posting in NB but ip address is from Africa.......
No phone number....
Poor Grammer......
Ad doesn't even make sense....

Another tactic could be to charge $5 and return it if the add does not get flagged

/ DOSENT SOUND RIGHT #9  
It's amazing how much time and effort people put into this crap trying to scam someone. Here in Canada we have the trader.ca, which you used to have to pay for a listing. With the competition of kijiji and craigslist they changed their model as well to free listing's.

I can go on there now an find a dozen fake scam ads at any point in time. They are easy to spot and almost comical as some will show the pictures with palm trees in the background but it is for sale here in New Brunswick. I can also guarantee that if you post an ad you will get either an email or lately a text from some moron with this big story how they work on an oil rig or something but want to buy your vehicle, blah, blah, blah.
I figure it would be easy technically to weed this stuff out by scoring the post somehow and flag for review the ones with highscore.

Posting in NB but ip address is from Africa.......
No phone number....
Poor Grammer......
Ad doesn't even make sense....

Another tactic could be to charge $5 and return it if the add does not get flagged
THat happened to me when I listed my son's 4 wheeler on Craigs List, except is was army related, instead of an oil rig scam.