Tractor
    TC 30 Newholland

Default DOSENT SOUND RIGHT

JOHN DEERE 4120 TRACTOR LOADER 4WD 143 HOURS - $4800
    Date: 2011-04-18, 10:48AM EDT
    Reply to: sale-zuqcg-2329804997@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

John Deere 4120 4 wheel drive tractor with John Deere 400x removable loader. This machine includes a boxblade and a Deere Imatch quick hitch for the 3 point hitch! The 2006 machine has only 143 hours and runs and works the best! Never damaged or touched up. Tractor was JUST SERVICED and needs nothing!
    COULD THIS REALLY BE RIGHT?
    Army Grunt
    "Be who you are, say what you will, those that matter wont mind, those that mind don't matter".

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Here

Default Re: DOSENT SOUND RIGHT

2 good 2 B true

Check it out. But don't hand over any money till you're sure!

Tractor
    Kubota L4240 HSTC,L3000DT

I just flagged that on Craig's List in about 12 locations.Use serachtempest to check for multiple listings for same unit.SCAM SCAM SCAM
    Don't reply ..looking to harvest email addresses.

Tractor
    JD 850, JD 430

x2 fishing for email....SCAM
    I see those CL ads around here all the time. They always post in multiples using surrounding communities. I always flag them.
    1981 JD 850
    1987 JD 430
    2012 JD Z925A

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

oh, i see that ad is going around again. major fake ad. the same ad was going around a few months ago.
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    MF 50H LBH

The craigslist ad is a copy from an ebay listing
    JOHN deere 4120 TRACTOR LOADER 4WD 143 HOURS W/ BOXBLD! | eBay

Price on ebay is $21,700

Tractor
    JD series ii 1545

its back, just chased em off craiglist:

TRACTOR~2OO6~JOHN~deere~4120~WITH~TRAILER~PACKAGE-- GREAT MACHINE ***ei - $5243 (Las Cruces)

Silver Member
    Tractor
    2008 JD 2320

It's amazing how much time and effort people put into this crap trying to scam someone. Here in Canada we have the trader.ca, which you used to have to pay for a listing. With the competition of kijiji and craigslist they changed their model as well to free listing's.

I can go on there now an find a dozen fake scam ads at any point in time. They are easy to spot and almost comical as some will show the pictures with palm trees in the background but it is for sale here in New Brunswick. I can also guarantee that if you post an ad you will get either an email or lately a text from some moron with this big story how they work on an oil rig or something but want to buy your vehicle, blah, blah, blah.

I figure it would be easy technically to weed this stuff out by scoring the post somehow and flag for review the ones with highscore.

Posting in NB but ip address is from Africa.......
    No phone number....
    Poor Grammer......
    Ad doesn't even make sense....

Another tactic could be to charge $5 and return it if the add does not get flagged
    2008 John Deere 2320 / CX200 Loader / SB1154 Rear Blower / RB2072 72" Rear Blade
    (Sold) 08 Kubota BX25 /54" MMM / 48" LP BB/ Bro-Tek skid plates / Bro-Tek Thumb/

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Quote Originally Posted by MacTractor View Post
    It's amazing how much time and effort people put into this crap trying to scam someone. Here in Canada we have the trader.ca, which you used to have to pay for a listing. With the competition of kijiji and craigslist they changed their model as well to free listing's.

I can go on there now an find a dozen fake scam ads at any point in time. They are easy to spot and almost comical as some will show the pictures with palm trees in the background but it is for sale here in New Brunswick. I can also guarantee that if you post an ad you will get either an email or lately a text from some moron with this big story how they work on an oil rig or something but want to buy your vehicle, blah, blah, blah.
    I figure it would be easy technically to weed this stuff out by scoring the post somehow and flag for review the ones with highscore.

Posting in NB but ip address is from Africa.......
    No phone number....
    Poor Grammer......
    Ad doesn't even make sense....

Another tactic could be to charge $5 and return it if the add does not get flagged
    THat happened to me when I listed my son's 4 wheeler on Craigs List, except is was army related, instead of an oil rig scam.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.