Pulling the trigger on the 2520

/ Pulling the trigger on the 2520 #1  

DMax2210

Bronze Member
Tractor
2011 JD 2520
Today's the day - ordering a 2011 2520 with 62D mower, 200cx loader, front blower and cab! I've decided that with the incentives/financing offers from JD right now, spending yet another winter clearing snow with a loader and no cab, and spending a LOT of hours here reading about everyone else enjoying their 2520's - it's time to trade up.

Right now I have a 2005 2210 that I bought new and has been a terrific machine, but there's just something about a 2520 that makes it so I just can't live without it :laughing: (Do people actually test drive and NOT think they need to upgrade?!?)

Now I know that I need to post pictures, and a promise I will as soon as I get to see it myself! The machine I'll be getting I believe needs to come in from another dealer, or at least the tires do. I am going to get the R4's and the only ones they have right now on the dealer's lot have R3's. I think a few other pieces will need to be ordered as well, but not sure how much. We haven't discussed timelines yet. Hopefully not too long!

I'm by no means wishing away the summer - northern Maine hasn't felt like we're out of winter yet most days - but the new toy... I mean... machine sure will make next year's snow removal a lot more comfortable and fun!

/ Pulling the trigger on the 2520 #2  
Congratulations on your new purchase. You made a great choice but I'm parcel to 2520's as you can see by my avatar. :) Coming off a 445 L&G the 2520 is a power beast. Can't wait to mow with her. The snow just melted here and rain has been falling a lot but the grass is starting to grow. Nice choice of attachments. What brand of cab are you getting?

Last edited:
   / Pulling the trigger on the 2520 #3  
Congrats Dmax. I just handed over my trusty 2305 this weekend in exchange for a new 2520 TLB. Instead of even trying to use it for mowing, we just got a separate machine, the 4WS X324. It was almost the same cost as the 62D and will do much better on our lawn than the tank-like 2520. Plus, my lady just loves the little thing.

I've used the 2520 a bit to turn some compost over, but mostly have been just standing around and looking at it a lot. I just keep scratching my head and wondering how I got so lucky as to have it.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 358
   / Pulling the trigger on the 2520 #4  
Congrats Dmax. I just handed over my trusty 2305 this weekend in exchange for a new 2520 TLB. Instead of even trying to use it for mowing, we just got a separate machine, the 4WS X324. It was almost the same cost as the 62D and will do much better on our lawn than the tank-like 2520. Plus, my lady just loves the little thing.

I've used the 2520 a bit to turn some compost over, but mostly have been just standing around and looking at it a lot. I just keep scratching my head and wondering how I got so lucky as to have it.

You know, if you had pallet forks on that 2520 you'd find more uses for it. :D

/ Pulling the trigger on the 2520
Thanks guys, congrats to you too ensol - I have a sweeper that I plan to use but other than that, this will be a slow time for me as well. I have a feeling it's going to see a lot of wax! I debated on the 62D and until I recently bought a new house, I told myself my next tractor would not have a mower deck on it, that would be a separate machine. But... the new place has some steep hills and with the 2210 I found that to have comfortable control going down them, I need to be in 4wd. If it wasn't for that, I probably wouldn't be mowing with this one!

And the good news, I was just down at my dealer and he said one of their other stores has my machine and he should have it here and will install the loader for me by the end of the week - YEA!!! Will have to make a separate trip back later when the 62D and the blower come in, but certainly don't need those yet.

Congratulations on your new purchase. You made a great choice but I'm parcel to 2520's as you can see by my avatar. :) Coming off a 445 L&G the 2520 is a beast. Can't wait to mow with her. The snow just melted here and rain has been falling a lot but the grass is starting to grow. Nice choice of attachments. What brand of cab are you getting?
Thanks - I've had enough of not having a snowblower and after a chance to use a rear blower some this past winter, my mind was made up - had to have the 54" front mount. I'm also keeping my LX4 cutter and box blade from the 2210. I don't use the LX4 more than about 8 hours/year so it really wasn't worth it to me to spend another $1800 to upgrade to a new 5ft.

I'm getting an Original cab, as much as I wanted a Curtis. A guy I work with bought a 2320 with an Original on it last winter and he found it to work very well. I was having a tough time with the pricetag on the Curtis when I could have this one for around $2200 less. If only I was told the Curtis was all I could get, it would have probably made it easier to swallow the cost :)

/ Pulling the trigger on the 2520 #7  
Congrats on the 2520!! I went from a 2210 to the 2520 and never looked back. Soooo much safer for loader work!! Oh yea, ditto on the pallet forks. Mine get used all the time and I hardly ever take them off.

/ Pulling the trigger on the 2520 #8  
Congrats I to went from a 2210 to a 2520..You will love it..The pallet forks are a must..I have a Dmax also..

20110316_15.jpg

198385_1917050972979_1443129829_4115514_863908_n.jpg

Hmmm, so many people recommending the pallet forks... You have not led me astray yet, so maybe I need to make a phonecall tomorrow :) JDdude, gotta love the dmax, huh?! What a beast - love every minute behind the wheel.

/ Pulling the trigger on the 2520 #10  
I just bought a new set of tire for mine last week..That was pricey..It is a great truck..Have had no issues with it. I do oil analysis on it and when I run Rotella it always shows high wear..So I will not use the stuff in anything I own, but they recommend it around here..Just some info for ya..

The pallet forks are a real back saver and the 2520 handles them well. Just get the aftermarket ones. I have the JD ones they work great but way over priced.