Price Check MMM Price Quote

/ MMM Price Quote #1  

JDGREEN4ME

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X534, GT 225, GT 275
Just received a price quote of $1595. for a 54" MMM. Price includes latch kit so 3 pt. hitch can be used independent of the mower and installation. Also any opinions if it just makes more sense to buy a small riding mower that you could get cheaper than $1600. Thanks.../w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

NOTE: Have less than 1 acre to mow at this time.

/ MMM Price Quote #2  
I don't know that I'ld spend the money on the MMM for under an acre. IMO it's not worth the hassle of another rider eather. I would scan the local classifieds for a used commercial walk behind and go with that. Call some of your local outdoor equipment dealers. They may have some on consingment now too.

/ MMM Price Quote #3  
JD,

I guess it depends on if you will ever need to mow more than the one acre. For what it's worth--that price is close to what they are quoting in MN as well.

Bob

/ MMM Price Quote #4  
My neighbor mows an acre and ½ behind me with a commercial walk behind - Mows about every week too. He's going to pay in his old age - it's called bone spurs.

/ MMM Price Quote #5  
I looked at the mid mount and the rear finish mowers and decided to wait until more of our place is grass (unfortunately expanding each year). I bought a small rider the fall before last (when prices dropped to about $1,000). I think it's faster than using the 4100 because it's easier to get around landscaping close to the house. As more of the fields become lawn, I'll upgrade.

/ MMM Price Quote #6  
I got a used 54" MMM for $725 and then replaced the driveshaft for about $100 bucks. Runs fine and saved me some bucks. I got a 2001 4100 and 2000 54"MMM.

/ MMM Price Quote #7  
I also mow just under an acre. Personally, I would never use a walk-behind for that much yard. I've used a MMM for 4 seasons and am satisfied with it. Here is something for you to consider.

Mowing season is a busy time for tractor work. Even though I usually mow twice a week, much of what I do is "other than mowing" type work. Much of my non-mowing work would be awkward with MMM installed. If the deck will be in the way of much of your "other than mowing" tractor use, be prepared to mount and unmount the deck frequently. That is what I do, and I am fine with that.

Once that deck goes on in Spring, many folks like to leave it there until the last mow in Fall. On the other hand, I'm swapping out implements all the time. That versatility is one of the beauties of a CUT and I take advantage of it. A riding mower is one more machine to maintain, but could make it easier to use your 4110 for other stuff.

OkieG